V-Synth GT Touch Screen problem

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
EZB

V-Synth GT Touch Screen problem

Post by EZB »

I stumbled onto this forum after my V-Synth GT touch screen broke down. Sometimes it reacts on the touch and sometimes it doesn't. I didn't overuse my V-Synth and tried to do more stuff with the knobs anyway, so am I a bit surprised the touch screen broke down that easily. A factory reset didn't help anything.

Now I read how to replace the touch screen and I will try that, but did you guys have to replace your touch screen on your GT often?
SoundworldA.D.

Re: V-Synth GT Touch Screen problem

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

I have had my GT since 2009 and have never had an issue with the touch screen. I got my second GT from a Roland Clan Forum member and it must be from around the same time as the serial number is like +1 or -1 or something close and I have had no issues with that one either.

I noticed that another thread mentioned a problem with high humidity playing havoc with an XT touch screen. Do you live in a high humidity area by chance?
EZB

Post by EZB »

The area I live in is humid indeed.
daX6fantom

Post by daX6fantom »

I've had the problem with my GT fairly recently, when I went into the touch panel calibrate section (which was a mission in itself because it was responding so poorly to real touch input and going into some other section because it was registering phantom presses), the GT was thinking that someone was holding in the top-left of the screen.

Could be humidity or temperature as it seemed to be bad when you first start up, then got progressively better as it warmed up.

I bought a replacement panel from ebay just in case, but haven't installed it yet. The touch panel was working fine last time I tried it, I'll give it another go soon, haven't had much time for synthing lately unfortunately. I'm thinking it might be better now we're out of winter.
Dandy Dust

Post by Dandy Dust »

So mine is stuck at the top left as well, any idea what will help?
GEran21

Post by GEran21 »

[quote=EZB post_id=278794 time=1402418331 user_id=41653]
I stumbled onto this forum after my V-Synth GT touch screen broke down. Sometimes it reacts on the touch and sometimes it doesn't. I didn't overuse my V-Synth and tried to do more stuff with the knobs anyway, so am I a bit surprised the touch screen broke down that easily. A factory reset didn't help anything.

Now I read how to replace the touch screen and I will try that, but did you guys have to replace your touch screen on your GT often?
[/quote]

Sometimes I have problem with touch screen too. I bought the Roland V-Synth in used condition but I never replaced the touch screen. I have video about this great synth.

Roland V-synth
YOUTUBE>> https://youtu.be/BjJ2oBxkJAE <<
sgasiecki

Post by sgasiecki »

Ive had my GT since about 2010. I have noticed whenever I use it for an outdoor gig in the summer, the screen will sometimes become unresponsive. The next day back home indoors it works just fine. I never have that problem unless I use it outdoors. It's got to be a humidity and/or temp issue. Nothing else makes sense unless it simply doesn't prefer outdoor gigs LOL.

The workaround if you play outdoors is to make sure you rely only on the preset buttons to the left of the screen. That's what I do as the functionality of the GT otherwise is perfect while performing outside.

Steve