Calibrating the touch screen

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
EZB

Calibrating the touch screen

Post by EZB »

I was wondering something. How often do you guys calibrate your touch screen on your GT?
Rodan

Re: Calibrating the touch screen

Post by Rodan »

Hmm, I've had mine for 3 or 4 years and have never calibrated the touch screen. However, mine is only turned on and played about once per week, so no heavy use.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Although it is not a GT, the XT's touch screen seems very similar (at least in size and resolution), and in my case, I have it since 2007 with some heavy usage, and I only had to calibrate it once, and basically because it seemed a bit out of focus... But it ended up being my old eyes that needed new glasses lol
Iceman777

Post by Iceman777 »

V-Synth XT user here too and I did not have to calibrate it yet, seems comfortable to me, but did not have a chance for the heavy usage yet. Seems to be good in various light conditions, especially good in the dark. So who knows?
Rodan

Post by Rodan »

PauloF wrote:But it ended up being my old eyes that needed new glasses lol
You know, I've checked my owner's manual several times and just can't figure out how to calibrate my old eyes. Seems like a missing feature.
robotunes

Post by robotunes »

i have to calibrate whenever i change my setup. the vsynth's screen is at a different angle when it's on the upper tier of my stand, versus the lower tier. consequently, the virtual buttons on the display appear to be in one place when the vsynth's on the upper tier, and a different place when it's on the lower tier. and that changes depending on whether i'm standing or sitting when i'm playing

so i recalibrate the display every time i change my setup. a handy feature for me, but ymmv.
EZB

Post by EZB »

Thanks for the replies, guys.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Rodan wrote:
PauloF wrote:But it ended up being my old eyes that needed new glasses lol
You know, I've checked my owner's manual several times and just can't figure out how to calibrate my old eyes. Seems like a missing feature.
Really bad that miss, but Roland was never good regarding manual content, so I'm not surprised lol

;-D