V-Synth GT driver for Mac OSX Version 10.9.4?

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
stevo427

V-Synth GT driver for Mac OSX Version 10.9.4?

Post by stevo427 »

Hi all,

Does anyone from Roland have an idea when there will be a working driver for the new Mac Mavericks?

Trying to use in Logic pro X but the sound pulses and swells. I know it's a known issue but no word yet as to when this will be fixed.

Seems a shame you can't use the sounds in this fantastic Synth in the latest Mac OS.
Cheers in advance for any help or info.

Stevo
TJ80

Re: V-Synth GT driver for Mac OSX Version 10.9.4?

Post by TJ80 »

I commented on this on my post regarding my recent acquisition of a v synth GT.. I checked on roland.com and under Mavericks compatibility, it just says 'NO'. They define 'NO' as there being no intent to introduce a new driver for Mavericks.

Somewhat annoying as I guess the librarian won't work either.
stevo427

Post by stevo427 »

I saw that too but hoped it meant no for now and that they are working on it.
Can't believe they wouldn't provide a driver for their top range synth to work with a top range recording suite?

Come on Roland pull your finger out, this is insane.
TJ80

Post by TJ80 »

It's hard to feel with Roland these days. They would have known about Mavericks as it came along just after the GT was discontinued. But as is well documented on here, they haven't been all that supportive of the Jupiter range (the lack of a librarian but on the flip side, significantly improved the Integra editor and did the PC version, presumably / hopefully in response to customer feedback.
TJ80

Post by TJ80 »

Sorry, typo there big time...

First sentence should have read "Its hard to understand Roland sometimes"
fmw

Post by fmw »

Does this mean that with Maverick you can not connect the V-Synth with the Mac anymore?
You can not transfer Soundfiles anymore?
I can't believe it. Please tell me that it is not true!

- fmw
TJ80

Post by TJ80 »

That is what I am assuming. I haven't tried to install the mountain lion usb driver but there will probably be an incompatibility message if some sort.

I am surprised other Mac and GT owners haven't commented.

It is still possible to download patches, transfer them to a usb stuck then use the import function on the synth
stevo427

Post by stevo427 »

I'm also surprised that famous recording artists using both haven't managed to push Roland into providing a working driver. If anyone from Roland who may be on here wants to PM me with a reason or an update as to when a driver will be available please do.

This is rendering my very expensive purchase of GT useless. Not happy.
TJ80

Post by TJ80 »

I agree, I wonder if Messers Wakeman, Barbieri, Downes, Rudess etc said something, it would get sorted.

Ironically, I only updated to Mavericks in order to run the new Integra editor. I have only just got round to getting hold of a GT, but it would be good to use all of it's capabilities. I guess I can sync it via the 'old fashioned' midi sockets, but I haven't tried it yet.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

TJ80 wrote:I agree, I wonder if Messers Wakeman, Barbieri, Downes, Rudess etc said something, it would get sorted.

Ironically, I only updated to Mavericks in order to run the new Integra editor. I have only just got round to getting hold of a GT, but it would be good to use all of it's capabilities. I guess I can sync it via the 'old fashioned' midi sockets, but I haven't tried it yet.
Don't want to appear negative, but the MIDI Sync works a lot better when using the 5 PIN MIDI sockets
TJ80

Post by TJ80 »

More irony! I will have a go with that later as I have yet to connect the GT to the computer. Do you happen to know if the same is true for the JP80?
stevo427

Post by stevo427 »

After speaking with Roland support I was assured that HQ in Japan are aware and working on a fix. So for now it's old school phono jack recording with limited editing capabilities. I was told to keep an eye on the drivers page as an announcement will not be made.
Shame can't use the librarian.
Will post back here when I see it.
TJ80

Post by TJ80 »

Thanks for the notification. I hope it gets sorted although I can at least sync over the midi sockets now.