V-Synth midi problem

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
roundandaround

V-Synth midi problem

Post by roundandaround »

Maybe it's a real problem or maybe I'm just too stupid to see the solution:

I want the V-Synth to respond to midi channel five, and exclusively to midi channel five, but it responds to ever midi signal that comes in on whatever channel.

Settings under Common - System com part midi:
Part 1 Rx Sw on, Rx Ch 5, everything else is off.

My first plan was to connect the V-Synth to my Korg Kronos X. On the Kronos a have a "combi" - a complex sound with different splits and layers, with one split part transmitting on midi channel five - and the is the part I want the V-Synth to respond to, however it responds to everything the Kronos sends. I have already tried other keyboards with different midi settings (to exclude it being a Kronos problem) - with the same result: the V-Synth plays upon every midi signal it receives.
What am I missing? I need help! Thanks in advance.

Chris
cello

Re: V-Synth midi problem

Post by cello »

You've got the right settings on the V-Synth (as far as my experience suggests).

I'm thinking you need to tweak the Kronos transmit settings. I used to have an OASYS but can't remember it all now so am sorry I can't help more.
roundandaround

Post by roundandaround »

Thanks for your help, but as I said, I don't think it's a problem caused by the Kronos as I've been able to replicate this same strange behaviour of the V-Synth with the Yamaha MM8 (Motif's ugly little step brother - it can only transmit midi on channels 1 or 2/3 in split/layer mode - so the V-Synth should have been silent, bit it wasn't) and two other midi keyboards.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

roundandaround wrote:Thanks for your help, but as I said, I don't think it's a problem caused by the Kronos as I've been able to replicate this same strange behaviour of the V-Synth with the Yamaha MM8 (Motif's ugly little step brother - it can only transmit midi on channels 1 or 2/3 in split/layer mode - so the V-Synth should have been silent, bit it wasn't) and two other midi keyboards.
Are you sure your Kronos is not transmitting in OMNI mode?
roundandaround

Post by roundandaround »

I'll probably never figure out what it was. I checked again with an old midi keyboard, same result. However, a factory reset on the V-Synth must have down the trick, it's working now, and so am I, trying to set up the rest as it used to be. Thanks for your help, everyone.
cello

Post by cello »

Glad you got it sorted anyway :)
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

roundandaround wrote:I'll probably never figure out what it was. I checked again with an old midi keyboard, same result. However, a factory reset on the V-Synth must have down the trick, it's working now, and so am I, trying to set up the rest as it used to be. Thanks for your help, everyone.
A good reset always "kills the bug" ;-)

Welcome to the Clan, roundandaround!
Quinnx.

Post by Quinnx. »

On the V you need to goto MODE/SYSTEM/PartMIDI
and you can turn off/on any and all channels for each part you are not using
In this instance you would only have part1 enabled and set to ch5