loading a single patch

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
synthman

loading a single patch

Post by synthman »

Hi. I want to load a single patch into my v synth v2 but when I try it says No more room for patches. Now, how do I replace a single patch with another one, can this be done..

thanks in advance.
cello

Re: loading a single patch

Post by cello »

Best way of doing this would be to reduce the size of your existing loaded sounds.

1. Save your current project (.prj) onto USB and then open it using the V-Synth editor on PC.
2. Remove sounds (and particularly waves) that you don't use and then save it. This then creates room for additional sounds.
3. With your current sounds .prj still loaded, use the Librarian to open the .prj with the sound you want to add. 4. Simply drag and drop your new sound onto the existing sounds.prj window.
5. Save it.
6. Take USB to your V and use the Load Project routine in Utility to load the new .prj which contains all your old sounds, minus unwanted ones but plus the new one you want.
synthman

Post by synthman »

cello

Ok thanks for that, I'll give it a try when I'm home. I don't know why I didn't think of that myself..
synthman

Post by synthman »

Cello.

Well I tried that and got stuck at the first fence. Where is the option to save a. prj to USB? I only see internal or PC card option! The editor you refer to, is that the library program? How do I use this. I connected it to the synth but couldn't work out how to get a list of programmes to show. HELP please
cello

Post by cello »

Ah. I misread your post - I wrote the process for a V-Synth GTv2... apologies.

I don't have a V2 so am not on familiar ground. That said, I see from the Roland web site with the specs for the V2, "PC CARD slot (Microdrive, SmartMedia or CompactFlash can be used with PC card adaptor.)". This is good - this allows you to save your .prj to the SmartMedia (for example) and then take it to your PC.

You can download the librarian here - http://www.rolandus.com/support/eula/V- ... ian100.zip

You shouldn't have to connect the V2 to your PC - just carry your SmartMedia to your PC (assuming you've got a reader capability).

So you need to get a 'PC Card Adaptor', then you should be good. I think.

Perhaps someone with a V2 can chime in and confirm?
synthman

Post by synthman »

cello

Thank you for your prompt reply. Its Ok that you gave me the wrong info, no harm done.l :-) Yes I have a 1gig cf card, a card adaptor & a cf cardcreader on my laptop. So I'm good to go. I will have a fiddle about with it and see how I get on.