Memory card

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
jrc

Memory card

Post by jrc »

Had my original version 2 v synth for about 9 months now and am falling in love with it.. Now need more space for samples. Am looking at the Roland compact flash 8G card. Is this compatible with the v synth as I read on a review on amazon that the synth didnt recognize it. Also if i did buy it does it slot into the space or does it need an adaptor?

Cheers.
Minocan

Re: Memory card

Post by Minocan »

You need a PCMCIA - CF adapter.

I use Sandisk adapter with 4 gb Kingston CF, works like a charm.
synthman

Post by synthman »

jrc wrote:Had my original version 2 v synth for about 9 months now and am falling in love with it.. Now need more space for samples. Am looking at the Roland compact flash 8G card. Is this compatible with the v synth as I read on a review on amazon that the synth didnt recognize it. Also if i did buy it does it slot into the space or does it need an adaptor?

Cheers.
Hi. I'm not sure re the max size of CF card the v will take. I use a 1 gig quite happy. I'm sure i read somewhere that anything over that and the v wouldn't recognize the extra memory, that is you could use an 8 gig card but most of (over what max the v could read) was wasted. I'm not sure if I'm correct. One thing I do know is, you DON'T need to buy a Roland branded card, any make will do the job, I use a Kingston, same with the CF card adaptor, you DO need one but again, any make will work,. Hath.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

synthman wrote:
jrc wrote:Had my original version 2 v synth for about 9 months now and am falling in love with it.. Now need more space for samples. Am looking at the Roland compact flash 8G card. Is this compatible with the v synth as I read on a review on amazon that the synth didnt recognize it. Also if i did buy it does it slot into the space or does it need an adaptor?

Cheers.
Hi. I'm not sure re the max size of CF card the v will take. I use a 1 gig quite happy. I'm sure i read somewhere that anything over that and the v wouldn't recognize the extra memory, that is you could use an 8 gig card but most of (over what max the v could read) was wasted. I'm not sure if I'm correct. One thing I do know is, you DON'T need to buy a Roland branded card, any make will do the job, I use a Kingston, same with the CF card adaptor, you DO need one but again, any make will work,. Hath.
+1

That is definitely what you have to do.
A CF (any brand) and a CF / PCMCIA adapter

However that won't increase the sampling memory, as that one is internal.
In order to have the most from it, you can't have a big project loaded, as they share the available memory.
It's a trade, I know, but that's the way it is working on the V

Take care and enjoy your V-Synth!