V-Synth-GT doctor needed!! problen SOLVED (I hope)

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
electrow

V-Synth-GT doctor needed!! problen SOLVED (I hope)

Post by electrow »

The last 5 months or so I've just been using my Gt as a midi controller - not using the GT patches at all. Yesterday I decided to start some Gt sound design work. I started playing through the factory patches when I noticed a sudden and stark drop in master volume on many (but not all) patches. Sometimes the first note struck is loud, then all the rest are at a much lower volume. Other times a short riff is loud then the drop occurs. And at other times if I call up a patch but wait 5 to ten seconds, no volume surge occurs. I should mention the "loud" volume is not distorted. On some patches, after the surge the volume drops such that I have to turn the volume up all the way to get decent levels.

What I've done trying to correct the problem:

Disconnected usb & midi cables,and audio cables just using the head phone output

Tried all three factory resets

Completely formatted the internal and reload factory v2.0

---------------

Is there "hard reset" I can try?

Is the mighty GT doomed?

Doctor doctor help my sick baby please!!!!!!!
electrow

Re: V-Synth-GT doctor needed!!

Post by electrow »

Here's what I found out so far. Tonight I started going through patches again, but instead of striking a key as soon as the patch changes, I wait 10 to 15 seconds then hit a key or chord. When I do this there is no volume surge - this is a consistent result. It's like some strange volume gating is lagging behind the program change. BTW the synth is not connected to anything while I'm doing this.

Any ideas????
electrow

Re: V-Synth-GT doctor needed!! problen SOLVED (I hope)

Post by electrow »

I think I've solved the problem: a faulty expression cable. I think there may be a short in the pedal. When I unplugged it and restarted the v-synth everything appears to be normal!
PauloF

Re: V-Synth-GT doctor needed!! problen SOLVED (I hope)

Post by PauloF »

electrow wrote:I think I've solved the problem: a faulty expression cable. I think there may be a short in the pedal. When I unplugged it and restarted the v-synth everything appears to be normal!
Good stuff!
Glad you solved it. The V is "a bomb!"