V-Synth GT screen problem?

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
metallo

V-Synth GT screen problem?

Post by metallo »

Hi all,

I left my V-Synth GT in the studio for a week or so, in the last 2 days the temperature has dropped a lot.
Yesterday I went to the studio and switched on the V-Synth but noticed something weird on the screen, basically the central area was blurry.
Here the pic to show what I mean:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/onwflg0ldzxng ... 5.jpg?dl=0
I then switched it off and the screen was looking like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ot4ezzrc11e05 ... 7.jpg?dl=0

I had a complete session of jam with my band, around 3 hours and when I switched of the blurred area was drastically reduces, it was smaller than a 2 EUR coin so I think this is due to the cold temperature?

Do I have to worry about that and think to replace the screen or it is a normal stuff?
I have 2 korg trinity in the studio as well and none of them had the problem on the screen.
LA Keys

Re: V-Synth GT screen problem?

Post by LA Keys »

I've seen this discussed around here but sadly can't remember which discussions exactly.

This is a condensation problem. Some users living in high humidity area reported that too. Storage at cold temperature is most probably causing it in your case.

You could simply let it sit at room temperature for a few hours before using it. Warm dry air will help but NEVER use an hair drier. A source of "gentle" heat like an incandescent lamp (bulb) placed about 1 foot away from the screen will reduce the drying time. Just be carefull.

LA
metallo

Post by metallo »

Thanks a lot.
Yesterday I left the synth at home and the screen looks perfect now.
So nothing to worry about?
LA Keys

Post by LA Keys »

You should be fine :)

LA