A V-synth replacement

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
MacTyros

A V-synth replacement

Post by MacTyros »

Is there a chance we will ever see a V synth replacement from Roland?

I dont see the JP80 as a real replacment... Maybe if they trippled the processor power, added 2 more synthesis types, and a full integra 7.. To replace the D50 stuff we lost with the GT...

Just saying that Roland should keep this range of synths alive, .... Compared to for example the kronos that has allmost no integration between the several synthesis types, the V-synth is by far the most expressive synth ever created..
PauloF

Re: A V-synth replacement

Post by PauloF »

MacTyros wrote:Is there a chance we will ever see a V synth replacement from Roland?

I dont see the JP80 as a real replacment... Maybe if they trippled the processor power, added 2 more synthesis types, and a full integra 7.. To replace the D50 stuff we lost with the GT...

Just saying that Roland should keep this range of synths alive, .... Compared to for example the kronos that has allmost no integration between the several synthesis types, the V-synth is by far the most expressive synth ever created..
The JP80 is not a replacement for the old V at all!

The V with all its flaws and limitations it is indeed one of a kind range of boards. Pity that the D50 sounds can't be run as the same time (layered/split/whatever) as the V sounds.

I don't think Roland will pursue in that front, so the only option is to have all of them.

I'm most fortunate to have a V-Synth XT and an integra-7, so lots of Roland sounds pretty much covered for years to come.
MacTyros

Post by MacTyros »

Sad thing is, Roalnd does not realise how a V-synth with several combined synthesis methods could rock, they have most of the code allready, and these days processor power allmost comes for free and its finally abbundant to create the instrument they wanted the V synth to be in the first place..

I think everyone is wayting for that perfect synth that truely combines these different types of synthesis in its core and allows for utmost flexibillity on stage... Something like a nord stage, a v-synth and an integra 7 in one...

Or will we need to move to software solutions afterall, then atleast they should give us a master controller with all those knobs, motorized sliders and touch ellements and d- beam to controll it all...
Quinnx.

Post by Quinnx. »

I think everyone is wayting for that perfect synth that truely combines these different types of synthesis in its core and allows for utmost flexibillity on stage.
Dont hold your breath for roland to provide such a solution as it will never happen..
For me the best combination to provide all you need is Fantom G with VsynthXT.
you have all the sound synthesis you could ever want no need to wait for new or future tech.
MacTyros

Post by MacTyros »

Quinnx. wrote:
I think everyone is wayting for that perfect synth that truely combines these different types of synthesis in its core and allows for utmost flexibillity on stage.
Dont hold your breath for roland to provide such a solution as it will never happen..
you have all the sound synthesis you could ever want no need to wait for new or future tech.
Well, i recently got myself a Vsynth GT ( for the 3rd time) and an integra 7 instead of the FA08...using that in combination with the mac and the tyros makes me quite happy
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

MacTyros wrote:
Quinnx. wrote:
Well, i recently got myself a Vsynth GT ( for the 3rd time) and an integra 7 instead of the FA08...using that in combination with the mac and the tyros makes me quite happy

Well, As I said on a previous post, I have the V-Synth XT and the Integra-7, and now most recently acquired a MOXF6, which gave me new (and much different sounds) to combine with the Roland's and the beauty of the powerful Polyphonic ARPs together with very flexible and easy to manage synth/workstation/4 Zone Master keyboard