Help! Another card issue.

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
Silagemaker

Help! Another card issue.

Post by Silagemaker »

Hi.
I bought a Sandisk PCMCIA TO Compact Flash card adapter and a Transcend 4 gig 133 Compact card.
I know V-Synth may not be able to see above 2gig but that's not my problem.
I can mount Card on my old Mac. Transfer files to it. When I try to boot with card in v-Synth hangs which is solved by not putting card in until it's finished booting. Seems to be common problem.
My big problem is when I try to load .prj off of card they seem to load fine. Progress bar etc but when it's finished my V-Synth has been wiped! No patches, waves etc.
I can reset and I get everything back ( luckily) but what's the problem?
Is the card just not compatible with synth. When I look at top of load screen it shows minus memory left which means it's not showing all of 4 gig but it does see all .prjs and waves etc.
Anybody help?
LA Keys

Re: Help! Another card issue.

Post by LA Keys »

4 GB card should not be a problem, I've used mine with up to 8GB card. Yes, memory display is incorrect with larger card.

I suggest that you first try deleting the "V-Synth project.ini" file at the root directory of the card. This is telling the v-synth to load a given project on the card. Without this file it should load the "initial" project saved into the v-synth, not the card. That may solve the hanging problem at startup.

LA
synthman

Post by synthman »

Not telling anyone here how to suck egg's, but have you formated the card in the synth first.
oh, my V synyh (v2) always boots up with the card installed
2:43AM

Post by 2:43AM »

Overall, the V-Synth should boot with a card installed. My XT does with no problems.

I would pull the CF card out and try booting with just the adapter and see what happens. If it still won't boot, then perhaps the adapter is defective.

If it does, then format the card and try again. It should be formatted to FAT32. If you chose NTFS, then perhaps the synth can't recognize it and locks up.
Silagemaker

Post by Silagemaker »

Thanks for reply.
Formatted on V-Synth.
Deleted Init files etc.
Some of the files corrupt so now I can read from it. Can't boot.
A local chemist found an old 2 gig Apacer card and that works perfectly. Booting and all.
Just seems to be very finicky about what cards will work.
Thanks again
synthman

Post by synthman »

Glad you got it sorted :)