Noob Q: different .wav to different keys? (V-Synth GT)

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
flux=rad

Noob Q: different .wav to different keys? (V-Synth GT)

Post by flux=rad »

Hey guys,
I spent a few hours searching the net, and reading the manual and couldn't figure out how to do this (or if it's even possible):

I have 5 different .wav files (5-6 second long clips from TV shows - 16/44.1 stereo) that I want to trigger with my V-Synth GT. Ideally, each would be assigned to a key on the keyboard. I also want to be able to play the keyboard normally, and use all of my normal patches (most of them use two different sounds with the keyboard split). Is this possible?
LA Keys

Re: Noob Q: different .wav to different keys? (V-Synth GT)

Post by LA Keys »

Although I've never done that myself I believe it is possible. You will need to do several things for this to work:

- You will certainly need to sample your "raw" wav files by using the sampling function on the V-synth GT. This is explained in the manual starting at page 163: Sample Mode

-Then you will need to assign those 5 samples to 5 zones, each zone being a single key. This is explained at page 88 (Zone Edit)

Since you want to combine the "normal" patches with those sounds the easiest way would be to use "normal" patches having only a single tone. Leaving the other tone for the samples you made.

The part that I'm less sure about is that you may also need to combine the project containing the 5 samples with the other project containing the "normal" patches because you cannot load 2 projects at the same time. You will need the editor for that.

Then, I repeat, I've never done this before. This is just based on my knowledge of the fantom-x (which could certainly do that kind of thing) and reading of the v-synth GT manual. If you try this please post your result as I'm interested too about the outcome, having a GT myself.

LA

P.S: This is definitively NOT a noob question but in fact goes deep into the advanced feature of the v-synth GT.