V-Synth GT WAV sample playback

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
fugmann

V-Synth GT WAV sample playback

Post by fugmann »

Hej Guys,

Happy New Year!

A few days ago I found some WAV-samples of vintage synthesizers.

I like one of the samples a lot. The samples are the socalled multi samples. Can I import the samples of this vintage synthesizer and play it on my V-synth - perhaps save it as a patch?

Thank you in advance....

/Henrik
LA Keys

Re: V-Synth GT WAV sample playback

Post by LA Keys »

Although the v-synth GT doesn't support multi-samples you can definitively import a single sample (wav) and stretch it along the whole keyboard. The v-synth GT is excellent at doing that with multiple ways to encode the sample (See p 187 of the owner manual for more information). This will probably be a trial an error process the first time you do this but you will certainly learn a lot.

I've also found a video on youtube explaining the basic of importing a sample here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id8kJT5-zwk

(The picture quality sucks but this cover the basics)

I'm also curious about exactly where did you found those samples?

LA
fugmann

Post by fugmann »

Thanks for your reply, LA.
But if I import the sample as a single sample and stretch it over the keyboard, I must be able to "map" the sample to the correct specific key, right?

/Henrik

PS. I found the samples on some Dvd's which I bought on Ebay some years ago.
LA Keys

Post by LA Keys »

Yes, this is part of the encoding process. Just look at the manual at page 192. You will see that this is where you specify the original pitch of the sample.

Keep in mind that there's 2 steps here: First the sampling itself, then the encoding. The second step (encoding) is where the pitch is steched along the whole keiyboard.

LA

(EDIT: The correct page number is 192 not 165 on the original post)
fugmann

Post by fugmann »

LA Keys wrote:Yes, this is part of the encoding process. Just look at the manual at page 192. You will see that this is where you specify the original pitch of the sample.

Keep in mind that there's 2 steps here: First the sampling itself, then the encoding. The second step (encoding) is where the pitch is steched along the whole keiyboard.

LA

(EDIT: The correct page number is 192 not 165 on the original post)
Thanks a lot :-)

Regards from Henrik @ Copenhagen :-)
LA Keys

Post by LA Keys »

I hope you also understand that once this is done you will have to assign the sample to one of the oscillator of a tone of a (new) patch. Then you can also apply any of the effects available from the v-synth GT.

Also, the setting of the begin and end point are critical for the sample. You don't have to use the whole sample if it's long. A few cycles are enough. Use the loop and preview function to adjust those 2 points until you don't hear any "click" when it loop.

If you have any other question just ask... I'm not an "expert" but did this a few times.

LA