V-synth users, does anyone have a fantom g ?

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
DNGmaestro

V-synth users, does anyone have a fantom g ?

Post by DNGmaestro »

I recently bought a fantom G and the line output of it is very low compared to the other machines i have (motif xf, kronos, integra 7, v-synth...).
However, using it's coaxial output everything's normal, it's just as high as the others.

If anyone has both machines or even the fantom g and any other keyboard or module, to compare them to the fantom's line outs that would be great, so i can eliminate the chance that my line outs are broken.

Thanks A LOT!
Rodan

Re: V-synth users, does anyone have a fantom g ?

Post by Rodan »

I have a Fantom X and a V-Synth. The outputs of the V-Synth are definitely higher than the Fantom. So for example, the Fantom level is normally set to the 3 o'clock position (close to max level) with the V-synth in the 9 to 12 o'clock position. However, V-Synth level depends a lot on which patch is selected. Not sure if this is what you are seeing, but I believe my keyboards are providing their levels.
aliensynthesizer

Post by aliensynthesizer »

In my Fantom G and V - Synth GT signal level is the same. The Fantom turn yourself mastering and compare again .
middle c

Post by middle c »

Maybe a cable issue, fantom g has balanced outs. Worth exploring your signal path.