soft synth

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
stupots

soft synth

Post by stupots »

hi ,i am a old guitarist that still like to play my guitar which is a usa telecaster which has a midi pickup on going through a roland GR33 .i also have a emu b3 rack mount ,which the hammond sounds is fantastic slaved off the GR33 ,i would like to find synth software to play off my laptop. i dont have a music keyboard, so would like to have a synth keyboard showing on the laptop to experiment with sounds , step sequencers and such like is there any roland software out there or such like i could use ,

thanks
stupots
2:43AM

Re: soft synth

Post by 2:43AM »

Have you made any decisions in terms of soft synths? The forum must have overlooked your post! We're usually quicker to help! But I am guessing your post is in the wrong section. This is V-Synth territory! :-)

Roland doesn't make any soft-synths per se, but their Cakewalk Sonar software, before they sold it to Gibson, comes bundled with several synths. Rapture is included in the package these days. There is also Z3TA+2 and Dimension Pro. Dimension Pro, however, lost all of my respect because it is out of tune and cannot be fixed!

There are many soft-synths out there, and most of them display a keyboard on the screen, albeit small. However, if you're looking for a large keyboard on the screen, then perhaps some other folks can help. I can't think of any, as most are meant to be played through your DAW (digital audio workstation) or via a keyboard controller, many of which can be had for pretty cheap.