Need advice for organizing patches and programs.

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
jcurella

Need advice for organizing patches and programs.

Post by jcurella »

Greetings and thanks in advance,

I recently bought a 1 gig pcmcia card for my original vsynth 2.0.
I've downloaded as many free projects/patches as I can find and have acquired about 500 mb of project data. Being that this is way too much for the internal memory in the vsynth I was under the impression that if I bought the pcmcia storage card that it would let me play the programs from the card. But it seems like I still have to load them into internal memory.
Not only that, but when I try to load the patches and projects to internal memory I get an error message that says "no room for patches." Even after I have re-formatted the internal memory.
What I basically would like to do is take certain categorized patches from these projects I have collected and build a project that is tailored to the kinds of patches I want to play.
For example: I'd like to take all the arp patches,synth patches, lead patches, rhythm patches, ext. And build a project with just these patches.
Is there an easy way to do this?
Do I have to load each project I've acquired one at a time into internal memory and go through each patch one by one, and some how resave the patches I want for the project I want to build?
The vsynth already categorizes the patches by synth, lead, arp, ect. Is there an easier way to grab the categories of patches I want and save them all as one project?
Also I have to do all this with just the vsynth, and the new pcmcia storage card. Not sure if the librarian would help, but it's not an option since I haven't had a vista or xp machine in over a decade.
Any thoughts, or advice?
Thank you very much, Joe
PauloF

Re: Need advice for organizing patches and programs.

Post by PauloF »

Hi Joe,
No you don't have to do that. The best way is to use the V-Synth Librarian to organize your patches and Waveforms. I'll give you a more in-depth answer tomorrow.

Cheers,
Paulo
2:43AM

Post by 2:43AM »

Download the free V-Synth Librarian software from Roland. This software is awesome...and simple!

You will need to audition the many patches you have collected by loading each project into memory. Then as you write down your favorites, also note the project name. In the Librarian, you can populate a new project by dragging and dropping all your favorites from each project folder you load. It's really easy. You'll get the hang of it after a couple minutes of practice!

Basically, I do the following:

1. Copy and paste an existing project folder (e.g. ABC.prj).
2. Rename the folder what you'd like, but keep the .prj suffix.
3. Open up the folder and delete everything out of the Wave and Patch folders.
4. Open V-Synth Librarian.
5. Drag the project folder you just made onto the Librarian window.
6. There should be no text in the Patch and Wave window panes.
7. Now drag another project folder, one which you will pull data from, on the window.
8. In that window, click the patch name to copy and drag it over into the patch number of choice in your new project window. Any wave files used in the patch will have a highlight around the text and will also drag over automatically.
9. Repeat this step to populate as many patches and waves into one project as you'd like. Keep a watchful eye on the project size though! This is found in the upper right corner of the window. Try not to exceed 25MB.
10. Don't forget to SAVE your project!

I suggest you get a Compact Flash card reader for your computer, if you don't have one already. Do all your leg work on the card, and you never have to worry about disorganization again. 1GB is plenty of space for most users. Until you start sampling and creating many new projects, 1GB should hold you over for quite some time.
danielwolk

Post by danielwolk »

Hej guys,

Do You know any way to export patchlist or patchlist with comments to a file (word, excel, pdf etc)?