New v synth user

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
Carlo18

New v synth user

Post by Carlo18 »

Hy ,

I have a v synth v2 just 24 h ...for a good starimg: some suggestions ?...never had VA or synth , only workstation !

Thanks
Carlo18

Re: New v synth user

Post by Carlo18 »

I would know one think from experts: i have Also and alesis qs6.1 and i wander if is this possible : v synth as the master , sending midi signal to alesis qs , so alesis plays audio ! Alesis stereo out turns in v synth audio in .,,,and Then in realtime i play at the Same time without an external mixer both the keyboard with patches with sound of v synth more alesis .,,and final audio out comes from v synth 's audio out!is it crazy?
synthman

Post by synthman »

Hi Carlo18.

Welcome to the forum. You've got one of the best synths Roland ever made!. Sorry but I don't fully understand your question. Can you try and explain yourself more clearly please.
LA Keys

Post by LA Keys »

He wants to know if he could use the v-synth as a "mixer"...

I know this could be done with the fantom X and also with a v-synth GT, but I'm not sure this could be done with the earlier v-synth...

The midi part is easy, just connect the midi out of the v-synth to the midi in of the alesis.If the midi setting are correct the v-synth keyboard will then play on BOTH the v-synth and the Alesis.

LA
Carlo18

Post by Carlo18 »

Perfect ...sure i can play via midi the alesis ...the question is if the audio of the alesis could go into v synth and then be mixed with the audio of v synth ....so from the audio out of v synth i Will hear both the keyboard
LA Keys

Post by LA Keys »

Why don't you just try?
That is certainly the best way to find out...
Then if it doesn't work others may be able to help.

LA
synthman

Post by synthman »

+1
Carlo18

Post by Carlo18 »

Sorry ...just because i am away from home with my New v synth and away from my old Alesis...ad soon as i Will return i Will try this connection ...