Original Vsynth on V2 and OS X Yosemite

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
Venn Diagram

Original Vsynth on V2 and OS X Yosemite

Post by Venn Diagram »

Hi all just wondering what the compatibility issues might be and/or will the USB driver still work and is that going to be a big issue if I take the plunge on a Vsynth V2 in mint condition.
I'm fine with NOT using the keyboard USB ports (using standard midid only) - just wanted to make sure the data transfer for .aif files etc works as one would expect.
Thanks.
TJ80

Re: Original Vsynth on V2 and OS X Yosemite

Post by TJ80 »

Thanks for this info. I thought you needed the drivers to move files. I am still on Mavericks so will give it a go.

Are the drivers just for MIDI and audio then?
Venn Diagram

Post by Venn Diagram »

stealthgear wrote:I have Yosemite. You can still mount the memory and transfer files and sample without drivers. As far as I know there will be no usb midi driver or library program.

Fantastic news and yes I got the V-Synth V2 and it is a stunning synth.
Haven't transferred files yet as i am waiting for a PC too PCMCIA adapter card to arrive.
However this synth speaks my language, compelements my Elektron's well and is a stellar companion for the Integra-7 and works well as sampling, synthesizer, effects procesoor and sound design swiss army knife.
Very cool bit of kit indeed.
bluetoy

Post by bluetoy »

Anyone tried an old usb-midi driver with Yosemite?
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

bluetoy wrote:Anyone tried an old usb-midi driver with Yosemite?
I did try while I had my XT, but it didn't work.

In my case it was not a problem anyway, as I use a UM-550 MIDI Patcher, where all my MIDI devices are connected, and for that old device Roland is still updating the Drivers, so it is fully compatible with Yosemite.