V synth v2: problem loading patches from net

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
Carlo18

V synth v2: problem loading patches from net

Post by Carlo18 »

Is it normal that some patches in various collection ( downloaded from site repository...for example jay b Sounds ...) does not make any Sounds in v synth v2? ...is it possible because they were written for xt using some pcm or other thinks of the vc1-d50 card ??
PauloF

Re: V synth v2: problem loading patches from net

Post by PauloF »

Carlo18 wrote:Is it normal that some patches in various collection ( downloaded from site repository...for example jay b Sounds ...) does not make any Sounds in v synth v2? ...is it possible because they were written for xt using some pcm or other thinks of the vc1-d50 card ??
There could be a reason for that...

The patches are using a different MIDI channel from the your default one
There are a lot of patches using MIDI channel 7 instead of 1.

Check for that
Carlo18

Post by Carlo18 »

Problem was midi clock: default setted on external ...i keep it internal and all the patches sound good
SoundworldA.D.

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

There are a lot of patches using MIDI channel 7 instead of 1.
That would be my doing Paulo! Keep in mind that both cello and myself worked on the "Stout Collection". I did the XT-specific work and then sent those to cello who did the conversions for GT.

Most of the SoundworldA.D. patches are indeed on MIDI channel 7 because that is the channel I have my XT set to. That would also include the Jim Stout et al collections that I worked on. My original GT on the other hand is set to MIDI channel 6 so it is possible that my GT-specific patches are set to MC6.

The second GT that I got from Scottrod is set to MC8, but I don't recall doing any SWAD patches on that one.