New owner of a V-synth v2.0

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
bigpicturekeys

New owner of a V-synth v2.0

Post by bigpicturekeys »

Just picked up a used v-synth a few months ago and have started to integrate it into my stage/show setup. A real monster of a machine but it does speak a bit of a different language than my past keyboards. Sifting thru mountains of forum topics I have discovered how to sample and turn waveforms into patches. My next journey is to figure out zones and importing other patches so I can split and layer. I have had the same initial problems that others have had doing this. Hopefully todays scouring thru forums have given me additional info on this subject. Thanks to the many who have delved into this machine and provided insight that the manual does not fully convey. Maybe we need a Roland V-Synth for Dummies book! All kidding aside, as frustrating as the work arounds are with this synth, it challenges and intrigues me. If anyone knows how to get a copy of the Tweakbook, any help would be appreciated. I would like to know a little bit more about zones and how to import patches into them without losing split points. My guess is I have to study patches then create OSC 1 and OSC 2 for each zone. I'll check back from time to time and hopefully one of you educated souls can shed some light on this for me
bigpicturekeys

Re: New owner of a V-synth v2.0

Post by bigpicturekeys »

Thanks to some past forum posts from PauloF and Artimiy I have successfully split my keyboard. Next up layers which I suspect should be easier. Loving this machine. Taking out a Porcupine Tree cover show in a couple weeks and this completes the journey
hamburger_helper

Post by hamburger_helper »

Could you plz explain how to make a sample into a patch?
I feel like such an idiot, i sample, then it all goes downhill and i dont understand anything.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

bigpicturekeys wrote:Thanks to some past forum posts from PauloF and Artimiy I have successfully split my keyboard. Next up layers which I suspect should be easier. Loving this machine. Taking out a Porcupine Tree cover show in a couple weeks and this completes the journey
Glad that our old posts were useful Bigpicturekeys!

Welcome to the Clan!!!

Cheers,
PauloF
Quinnx.

Post by Quinnx. »

@hamburger_helper

You have 2 options

1) Initialize or
2) edit existing patch

Either way which ever you choose, you then edit either Osc1 or Osc2 select PCM and choose your sample number from the waveform list.
After that its just a matter of tweaking all other parameters and then save your patch from the menu.
hamburger_helper

Thx mate. Like bigpicturekeys said, there really should be a a vsynth for dummies book.
If anyone got the holy spirit and would put up some video tutorials on how to dig into the monster i would be much obliged.

Btw since my last post here i updated to 2.0.
OMG it feels like twice the instrument.
I read all these accolades on how the V was one of the best synths ever made but i didnt really get it. But after the update i have seen the light. The depth and texture that oozes out of it. Amazing
hamburger_helper

Btw what do you guys sample? single cycle waveforms, drumbreaks, vocals , other instruments?
Havent dug that deep into the sampling side yet
Makrotulpa

Post by Makrotulpa »

If you go to Sinevibes and email Artemiy you might be able to procure a digital copy of the Tweakbook.
http://www.sinevib.es/contact/

As for sampling... anything goes - the V-Synth is great at extrapolating texture so I use a lot of short "Foley" sounds myself.
bigpicturekeys

Post by bigpicturekeys »

Sorry I don't check in here more often as I really got alot of info that worked for me From Paolo. Making samples into patches seems to have been covered well. Sorry Hamburger helper, I should check here to see if anyone has helped solve problems. I have sampled mostly sound effects extracted from various keyboards or other media. I have done a bit of key splitting and that works OK. I will be diving into sampling sounds off my 7 or 8 keyboards that have been "retired" from my live shows. There are great patches on all of them that I would love to have. I'm expecting to be back asking questions about how to best stretch a patch since it appears you can only place the original sample on C3. I prefer to multisample most instrument sounds. I have a Korg Triton Extremz and a Yamaha Motif XF6 both maxed out for sample memory, but don't have the easiest way to crossfade loop. I'll check back and give my results.
Bboy235

Post by Bboy235 »

Here's the tweakbook for you http://we.tl/ELkV1oAwt8
hamburger_helper

Thx alot bboy, thats huge!
GroenKeysUK

Post by GroenKeysUK »

Hello people! i am also very new to the V-Synth, after recently inheriting a beautiful near mint condition V-Synth from a musical relative. I've spent the last month learning some basics about this great machine, and I am a complete newbie with synths, but keen to learn! I hope this forum can help me with some questions I have to ask. Best Christmas Wishes from the UK, by the way :)
Groenkeys.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

GroenKeysUK wrote:Hello people! i am also very new to the V-Synth, after recently inheriting a beautiful near mint condition V-Synth from a musical relative. I've spent the last month learning some basics about this great machine, and I am a complete newbie with synths, but keen to learn! I hope this forum can help me with some questions I have to ask. Best Christmas Wishes from the UK, by the way :)
Groenkeys.
Hi GroenkeysUK and Welcome to the Clan!

There is a lot of information in this Forum about anything related to the mighty V-Synth, that most probably will be very helpful to you.

Enjoy your V
goop

Post by goop »

Hi, Another new V-synth user, this time from SE Asia. Just got a v.2 one second hand. I had a VP9000 in the past but the V-Synth is so much more.

Any chance of a link to tweakbook? The one above has expired. Thanks
winerzzz

Post by winerzzz »

+1 for new user, and +1 for request for Tweakbook!

Can anyone help x2 brothers out?