mac user / patches & projects manager

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
missing

mac user / patches & projects manager

Post by missing »

Hi everyone! V Synth GT Newbie (and mac user here) with a question or two:

1) Is there anything you use as an alternative program to the librarian program (my understanding is that the librarian is out of date with the latter Mac OS)..?

2) I converted/loaded a project into my GT this past weekend via USB. Understanding that the GT looks for the "XT" file on a usb drive, is it therefore not possible to store different projects on the same usb drive?

Any comments, thoughts, suggestions from GT/Mac users would be very appreciated.

And wow...this synth is indeed a beast!

(on a separate note, I just got the "R is for Roland" book and it is fantastic!)

Cheers,
Matthew
PauloF

Re: mac user / patches & projects manager

Post by PauloF »

missing wrote:Hi everyone! V Synth GT Newbie (and mac user here) with a question or two:

1) Is there anything you use as an alternative program to the librarian program (my understanding is that the librarian is out of date with the latter Mac OS)..?

2) I converted/loaded a project into my GT this past weekend via USB. Understanding that the GT looks for the "XT" file on a usb drive, is it therefore not possible to store different projects on the same usb drive?

Any comments, thoughts, suggestions from GT/Mac users would be very appreciated.

And wow...this synth is indeed a beast!

(on a separate note, I just got the "R is for Roland" book and it is fantastic!)

Cheers,
Matthew
Welcome to the Clan!

Answering your points:

1) The GT Librarian is out of date, but it works under Yosemite

2) It is of course possible to save several projects on the same USB drive, although only one of them is possible to load at one given time.

Cheers,
Paulo
Attachments
GTLibrarian.tiff
GTLibrarian.tiff (124.84 KiB) Viewed 869 times
missing

Re: mac user / patches & projects manager

Post by missing »

Will definitely try the GT Librarian out then!

Cheers mate!