My "new" V-Synth XT won't boot up!

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
rungabic

My "new" V-Synth XT won't boot up!

Post by rungabic »

Just throwing this out there, in case anyone has a simple fix. The unit I just bought arrived today, and when I power it on, the screen immediately lights up (solid "blue" or whatever), and then nothing further happens....ever. Also, none of the LED indicators illuminate.

I fiddled with the screen contrast knob, but that wasn't it. It basically acts like a computer without the OS installed. I'm assuming I'm going to have to get a refund from the seller and start over with my search, but just in case someone has an idea, I'm all ears.

You can see a video of the failure here, though there's really not much to see:

http://youtu.be/WJQcqV9FX4o

Thanks!
PauloF

Re: My "new" V-Synth XT won't boot up!

Post by PauloF »

New board?

Under warranty?

The better would be to return it and get your money back
scottkahn

Post by scottkahn »

Try this...

1. Go to Roland website and download V-Synth XT Version 2.02 update here:
http://roland.com/support/article/?q=do ... SYNTH%2FXT

3. Straightforward steps included with the download to connect a USB cable, copy the downloaded update files to the V-synth, which mounts on your compute like a USB volume/drive.

This does a full update and re-initialization of the synth. You should be in business. Otherwise... my guess is that it's seriously broken.
rungabic

Post by rungabic »

Thanks -- this was actually an old thread. Apparently something shook loose in transit, and then (reportedly) shook back into place in transit back to the seller. I ended up getting another one from someone else, and had no problems...
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

rungabic wrote:Thanks -- this was actually an old thread. Apparently something shook loose in transit, and then (reportedly) shook back into place in transit back to the seller. I ended up getting another one from someone else, and had no problems...
Lol, yes very strange "transit" behavior, specially the "shook back into place in transit back to the seller" :-)

Good that you got another one in good condition !

Enjoy your XT!
It is a hell of a board
Quinnx.

Post by Quinnx. »

yeah that happened to me too and i did a complete rebuild
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kiGHQOKJkk
sgasiecki

Post by sgasiecki »

Same thing happened to me when I received my "Mint" condition V-Synth XT. I opened up the access panel and started jiggling things and quickly felt a loose connector. Snapped it back in and voila havent had a problem since. So, it truly was mint condition but this connector may be sensitive to getting knocked around during shipping?

Steve