V Synth Vocoder alternative

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
autobot9999

V Synth Vocoder alternative

Post by autobot9999 »

So, as I grow older, my need for gear is subsiding, and to be honest, I could use the money. So I'm thinking of selling off my V Synth GT. Without getting into the whole Hardware vs Soft Synth debate, I find myself fairly comfortable with Omnisphere, Komplete and the other soft synths I have. I do this as a hobby, and not as part of a job, and to be honest, i find myself using my gear less and less as time goes on.

With that having been said, the one thing that REALLY makes me hesitate selling the Vsynth off is the vocoder. It's so much fun, and I just love playing around with it. So I was wondering if there are any soft synths out there that would provide the functionality that the V Synth does with respect to the Vocoder feature. It seems that NI's Razor (for Komplete) can handle all the Daft Punk style robot talks adequately enough, but what I'd really like is the more "human chorus" type effect you get with the V Synth ( in essence, so that I can be my own backing chorus).

Any thoughts on this?

Mike
Macska

Re: V Synth Vocoder alternative

Post by Macska »

I can't answer your question, the few times I need a vocoder I use Cakewalk's Pentagon which I would never recommend to someone needing a Vocoder.

What I can tell you is I sold my V-synth because I didn't have much space and it was distracting me with all the fun more than it was adding to my work, and I miss it all the time. Like, I really want a V-synth again...

You might check out the JP 8080, it has a vocoder and the original V-synth was like a JP 8000 with a better and deeper Varios welded in. You can get one for $500 on ebay or something like that.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

autobot9999 wrote:So, as I grow older, my need for gear is subsiding, and to be honest, I could use the money. So I'm thinking of selling off my V Synth GT. Without getting into the whole Hardware vs Soft Synth debate, I find myself fairly comfortable with Omnisphere, Komplete and the other soft synths I have. I do this as a hobby, and not as part of a job, and to be honest, i find myself using my gear less and less as time goes on.

With that having been said, the one thing that REALLY makes me hesitate selling the Vsynth off is the vocoder. It's so much fun, and I just love playing around with it. So I was wondering if there are any soft synths out there that would provide the functionality that the V Synth does with respect to the Vocoder feature. It seems that NI's Razor (for Komplete) can handle all the Daft Punk style robot talks adequately enough, but what I'd really like is the more "human chorus" type effect you get with the V Synth ( in essence, so that I can be my own backing chorus).

Any thoughts on this?

Mike
Welcome to the Clan Mike!

I had a V-Synth XT that regrettably I had to sell due to sudden money issues... I miss it every day...

If I had the money I would go for a brand new Roland JD-Xi !

Cheers,
Paulo
andyr1960

Post by andyr1960 »

I've only got the original V-synth, so no built in vocoding - But I use the Electro Harmonix V256 which is pretty good for the price. Very intelligible vocoding (up to 256 bands), real time pitch shift, formant shifting, phantom power etc.

Perfect when using re-synthesis on the V-Synth.