AUDIO

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
willo

AUDIO

Post by willo »

Just picked up a V Synth, incredible deal, mint condition.
Just wondering (without reading here for an hour) the best way to get a digital audio signal OUT of this machine, into my DAW. I see it has SPIF and coax, but not sure what to do with those.
Any insight would be most helpful (over 30 years experience with synths, programming, MIDI and recording, not new to any of this)

Thanks

Will

Middle of NowHere, remote Canadian mountains
PauloF

Re: AUDIO

Post by PauloF »

willo wrote:Just picked up a V Synth, incredible deal, mint condition.
Just wondering (without reading here for an hour) the best way to get a digital audio signal OUT of this machine, into my DAW. I see it has SPIF and coax, but not sure what to do with those.
Any insight would be most helpful (over 30 years experience with synths, programming, MIDI and recording, not new to any of this)

Thanks

Will

Middle of NowHere, remote Canadian mountains
Hi Willo and Welcome to the Clan!

In fact in order to connect the V-Synth to your DAW (in case you are not using the V-Synth as the DAW's audio card), you will have to have some kind of Audio interface the has a SPDIF INPUT.

I don't know what other synths/gear you have connected to your DAW and how, but if you tell us, maybe we can try something that works

Cheers,
PauloF
willo

Re: AUDIO

Post by willo »

I have a variety of sound cards, but nothing with SPDIF. I am primarily using virtual instruments, so there is no other piece of gear that I suspect would come into play. (I change my recording set up quite frequently, and the only constant piece of gear would be a Roland HPD-20 Handsonic unit)

I have some other controllers, but once again, just USB and MIDI, no digital audio options.

Thanks

;0)