Broken?

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
willo

Broken?

Post by willo »

Hey All,

Just got my hands on the used V-Synth I bought recently.

As far as I can tell, there are a couple of buttons on the main panel which aren't working properly.

The octave UP button works fine, but not the octave DOWN, and I can't see another simple way to alter the current octave.

Maybe some of you out there have had (and fixed) this problem, and can indicate how I might go about dealing with it?

I live in the middle of NowHere, so I'd have to send it off to a city for repair if it's not something that I can fix myself. ...or maybe there's some sort of master hardware/firmware reset that might resolve this??

Happy to hear from anyone with insight on this.

Otherwise, I'm very excited about the unit and can't wait to get deeper into it.

William

;0)
LA Keys

Re: Broken?

Post by LA Keys »

There's another way to transpose in octave units. See page 23 of the manual, you will read:

"Alternatively, you can move the cursor to “Oct” in the PATCH
PLAY screen and turn the VALUE dial or use [INC/+] [DEC/-]
to make the setting. You can also do this by dragging on the
touch screen."

Then, to really fix the problem you will have to replace the switches. This could be done by any qualified technician. Here is the part number : ALPS 688-SKQNAED010.

Those are available many places. Also note that those are just plain regular small tactile switches, the lighting of the button is provided by a led placed beside the switch. If you want to replace the switch I strongly suggest to replace all of them, or at least all the switches on the pc board where this one is mounted. This is because they will eventually wear and the "toughest" thing to do is to pull-off the pc board where the switches are mounted.

LA

LA
willo

Post by willo »

Thanks so much for your reply.
Great to have your insights as well as the part number.

Loving the Forum and my new V Synth thus far...

Will

;0)
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

willo wrote:Thanks so much for your reply.
Great to have your insights as well as the part number.

Loving the Forum and my new V Synth thus far...

Will

;0)

And BTW, Welcome to the Clan! :)