Is the amazing VC-1 card still available (for D50 sounds)??

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
GroenKeysUK

Is the amazing VC-1 card still available (for D50 sounds)??

Post by GroenKeysUK »

I am quite new to the V-Synth (version 2.0) and still learning the basics as a newbie user. But I am very interested in the amazing VC-1 expansion card which I understand is available for the v-synth? A card that changes your v-synth into a classic D50 full of favorite retro sounds!

Is this still available from Roland? I'm having problems finding out where this card is available from?

Groenkeys :)
Jay P80

Re: Is the amazing VC-1 card still available (for D50 sounds

Post by Jay P80 »

The VC-1 has long been discontinued so you won't be able to purchase it from Roland any longer,your best option is try Ebay they do crop up from time to time but expect to pay top dollar for it,they are quite rare,either that or source yourself a V-Synth XT which has the card onboard.
Synthtron

Post by Synthtron »

The VC-1 prices are high on eBay. I had the VC-1 Card but sold it back in the day for $50. If the V-Synth could have ran the VC-1 card while also running the V-synth engine I would of kept it. I ended up buying an actual D-50 and have it on the same stand as my V-Synth.
Jay P80

Post by Jay P80 »

Synthtron wrote:The VC-1 prices are high on eBay. buying an actual D-50 and have it on the same stand as my V-Synth.

You can say that again....I think there was one on there(ebay) recently for £350+ UK pounds,and there was the VC2 as well which was well into the £500 mark.

Getting hold of a VC1 is one thing but i don't know why they should command such stupid prices expecting people to pay more than a real D50 is plain crazy,some people are just plain greedy with expecting buyers to pay so much for the cards,they only cost £99 (uk) from new back in the day.

I think the rarity comes from very few people wanting to sell them not lack of numbers made,theres plenty of secondhand D50s out there as an alternative to drive the VC1 card prices down and its only those who own a V synth/varios Module who will buy the cards anyway so they have a limited amount of buyers who would pay through the nose for one full stop,Anyone paying those sorts of prices for the Cards has more money than sense.

I'd rather have a Physical D50 for that Price than a PCM card,its why I bought a Korg Z1,rather than a MOSS board for my Triton Rack as it was cheaper to have the actual Synth!
Minocan

Post by Minocan »

They command insane prices for D-50's here, so I bought VC-1 boxed which was cheaper.