limiting midi info sent from v-synth?

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
hamburger_helper

limiting midi info sent from v-synth?

Post by hamburger_helper »

having finally gotten deep into my v-synth, i love it.
but when i use it with my roland mv 8800 sequencer it seems to be sending too much midi info.
the mv lags when recording stuff, and acts all kooky when recording midi from internal drumkits on tracks even where the v-synth is not armed.
and it has me running out of sequence memory after two to three songs pr project, where as usually i can record 16 songs pr project and the mv can still do push ups and sumersaults without being short of breath.

at first i thought the mv hard drive was full so i changed it for a new one but the issue persists.
the issue does not arise when the v-synth is not plugged in, so my inner sherlock holmes deduced this must be down to too much midi info being sent from the V overloading the sequence memory
(not to be confused with the 512mb project memory of wich i have only used a fraction)

so im thinking i need to thin out midi info being sent from the v
do you guys know how?
PauloF

Re: limiting midi info sent from v-synth?

Post by PauloF »

hamburger_helper wrote:having finally gotten deep into my v-synth, i love it.
but when i use it with my roland mv 8800 sequencer it seems to be sending too much midi info.
the mv lags when recording stuff, and acts all kooky when recording midi from internal drumkits on tracks even where the v-synth is not armed.
and it has me running out of sequence memory after two to three songs pr project, where as usually i can record 16 songs pr project and the mv can still do push ups and sumersaults without being short of breath.

at first i thought the mv hard drive was full so i changed it for a new one but the issue persists.
the issue does not arise when the v-synth is not plugged in, so my inner sherlock holmes deduced this must be down to too much midi info being sent from the V overloading the sequence memory
(not to be confused with the 512mb project memory of wich i have only used a fraction)

so im thinking i need to thin out midi info being sent from the v
do you guys know how?
From the description it seems MIDI Sync or Clock related...

How are you connecting the two machines ?
hamburger_helper

i switched it up today, and use the korg m3 as a controller.
this solves the issue, but now i can not record midi automation from my v-synth into my mv8800.

i had the mv midi in to v-synth out midi out, and v-synth midi in to mv midi out

now i run the mv midi in to the m3 midi out, with midi out from mv going to both m3 and v-synth midi in.
so i can use the m3 as a controller for the v.

but its a very clunky setup, i was hoping i could use the v-synth as a controller for both my m3 and my radias (you can remove the modules of the keyboards on both of them) and save precious desktop space.
hamburger_helper

and today i recorded a lot of stuff from my v-synth, thru the m3 and still have like 99% sequence memory free.
but two days ago i recorded less then i did today, and got told sequence memory was full in just a couple of hours