V-Synth GT USB link to Windows 10 - WORKS!

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
mimoid

V-Synth GT USB link to Windows 10 - WORKS!

Post by mimoid »

Hello,

Just a notice that it is indeed possible to get a fully functional USB connection to Windows 10 - at least for WAV transfer. It unfortunately still does not work for USB MIDI or USB Audio (and possibly never will).

I experimented with installing a virtual Windows 7 on my computer (under the free VMware Workstation Player), and tried to install the driver under this one. Of course it didn't work (as stated in the manual).

But to my great surprise, the installer suddenly recognized the V-Synth in the host, i.e. in Windows 10 and was able to finish installing the driver.

So I can now just enter USB-Computer mode in the V-Synth, and have it appear as a device in Windows to drag and drop WAV samples into it - without using any virtual operative systems whatsoever.

I don't know exactly what happened, but if you are struggling with importing samples from the computer into the GT (without resorting to a dedicated Windows 7 computer for it), it is worth a shot.

Pretty cool!
PauloF

Re: V-Synth GT USB link to Windows 10 - WORKS!

Post by PauloF »

mimoid wrote:Hello,

Just a notice that it is indeed possible to get a fully functional USB connection to Windows 10 - at least for WAV transfer. It unfortunately still does not work for USB MIDI or USB Audio (and possibly never will).

I experimented with installing a virtual Windows 7 on my computer (under the free VMware Workstation Player), and tried to install the driver under this one. Of course it didn't work (as stated in the manual).

But to my great surprise, the installer suddenly recognized the V-Synth in the host, i.e. in Windows 10 and was able to finish installing the driver.

So I can now just enter USB-Computer mode in the V-Synth, and have it appear as a device in Windows to drag and drop WAV samples into it - without using any virtual operative systems whatsoever.

I don't know exactly what happened, but if you are struggling with importing samples from the computer into the GT (without resorting to a dedicated Windows 7 computer for it), it is worth a shot.

Pretty cool!
Welcome to the Clan, mimoid!

The problem was never the V as a USB drive, as that worked on both Windows 7, 8 and 10 and Mac 10.10 and 10.11.

The real problem is that due to non existing drivers for those operating systems, so Audio and MIDI over USB do not work at all.
Although is not the end of the world, as MIDI can be used from the MIDI DIN sockets and for audio we can use another interface with more Audio Inputs, it is a pity...
nickster

Post by nickster »

If you run rolands windows vista drivers these will work for win 10 and v synth GT if I recall correctly. Just make sure you run the driver program in compatibility mode.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

nickster wrote:If you run rolands windows vista drivers these will work for win 10 and v synth GT if I recall correctly. Just make sure you run the driver program in compatibility mode.
That's a workaround yes. I hope it works. Worth trying