XT VC-2

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
DickBruin

XT VC-2

Post by DickBruin »

Hi all,
Since almost a year I'm using the V-synth XT, mainly because of the vocoder functionality. Until recently it added additional backing vox and because I'm definitely not a singer, the VC-2 was a go-to for it worked excellent having a choir or a vocal group backing the singers.

But, since recently and I have no idea why (probably because I did something wrong), I'm hearing my own voice through the vocoder!! And, for sure that's not pleasant. Even without

So, help is needed: I would like to have the true vocoder function back , without my own voice. How do I need to set this up?

Some of the settings I found (sorry if the pictures are too big, didn't have a possibility to make them smaller).
Mic Settings
Mic Settings
VC-2 mic setting.jpg (824.17 KiB) Viewed 1125 times
Vocoder settings
Vocoder settings
VC-2 vocoder setting.jpg (817.77 KiB) Viewed 1125 times
System info
System info
VC-2 system audio IF.jpg (680.24 KiB) Viewed 1125 times
System Ctrl Tx
System Ctrl Tx
VC-2 Ctrl Tx.jpg (632.97 KiB) Viewed 1125 times
Who has advise??

Kind regards,
Dick Bruin
DickBruin

Re: XT VC-2

Post by DickBruin »

Right, may I introduce you: the idiot of the year.

After learning a lot about the infrastructure of the Vsynth XT, I found out I had the output jacks set-up in the wrong ports. So, if there are others who have encountered this problem, learn from my advise, especially if you've put the XT in rackmount:

Check the jacks in the ports!!

Thank you.

D.
PauloF

Re: XT VC-2

Post by PauloF »

DickBruin wrote:Right, may I introduce you: the idiot of the year.

After learning a lot about the infrastructure of the Vsynth XT, I found out I had the output jacks set-up in the wrong ports. So, if there are others who have encountered this problem, learn from my advise, especially if you've put the XT in rackmount:

Check the jacks in the ports!!

Thank you.

D.
Don't be sad DickBuin, everybody makes basic mistakes like that.

I just did a similar one when swapping the MOXF6 by a new System-8. The IN and OUT cables were swapped due to the different synth layout between the two synths (on the Moxf the IN is far right and the OUTs are on the left. On the System-8, the INs are on the Left and the OUTs on the far right...so you see what happened... brand new and no sound... :-)

cheers
PauloF