Anyone want a V-Synth Editor?

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
GabeCastro

Re: Anyone want a V-Synth Editor?

Post by GabeCastro »

I certainly wouldn't mind at all!! :D I'm planning on purchasing a V-Synth XT at some point, perhaps this year. All the other hardware synths I intend to get already have great VST editors of their own except the XT's, but it's large touchscreen doesn't make me mind it so much. That said, I won't say no at all to an editor for the DAW which would be even easier and maybe a bit more intuitive in this day-and-age :).
vsyn7425

Post by vsyn7425 »

A few years ago, much like bakerysauce, I decided to start programming a V-Synth editor. Although there were some tricky parameters to program, the thing that defeated me was the number of parameters involved, even before thinking about the 16 part multi-timbralism the V-Synth is capable of.

If a V-Synth editor would have been a viable commercial proposition then it would have already been built but considering that it has a big touch screen and the editing is already pretty simple it is doubtful that a software editor will ever be built.

By the amount of views that this topic of a software editor for the V-Synth has received, it is clear that there are many people who would be interested in this, but it would take an extraordinary programmer to make this dream a reality. Good luck to anyone who tries.
ronaldroy

Post by ronaldroy »

Did anything ever come of this? I'd be interested if it opens up some otherwise unreachable parameters (sysex etc).
robbie50

Post by robbie50 »

I'd be interested too, but never seen or heart about it.....

rob