V-Synth XT freezes - is there a test mode (like GT)?

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
sanderr2

V-Synth XT freezes - is there a test mode (like GT)?

Post by sanderr2 »

Hi,
I recently bought a V-Synth XT which was working fine and is clearly a fantastic piece of kit. However it's started having trouble "booting" - it sticks on the 'Elastic Audio Synthesis' screen. About one time in 5 it successfully boots but then very soon after booting - typically a few seconds to a few minutes - it freezes totally. It still makes sound when triggered by a MIDI keyboard but won't respond to either the touch screen or the buttons.

I have reloaded the firmware which worked fine and performed a factory reset (more out of hope than anything else!) but the problem persists.

I note that there is a test mode on the V-Synth GT and have tried to find out if there is one on the XT (it would be a bit strange if there wasn't) but the key presses at power on for the GT aren't relevant for the XT as the buttons in question (ie Octave+, Octave -) don't exist.

I've managed to track down at least one other user who has the same problem but there was no response to his post on this forum.

Any help would be hugely appreciated,
Thanks in anticipation,
Rob
sanderr2

Re: V-Synth XT freezes - is there a test mode (like GT)?

Post by sanderr2 »

I managed to resolve the issue with my XT freezing - I opened her up and reseated two of the PCBs that are directly connected to each other and all is good again.