Various VariOS Tips

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
vsyn7425

Various VariOS Tips

Post by vsyn7425 »

Hi all. Found this out today by accident. It may make VariOS project linking that little bit easier.

Usually when booting up the VariOS-8 from PC CARD, the OS will link to project folder "VA.prj". However by introducing a "V-Synth Project.ini" file to the PC CARD we can change that relationship by altering the project folder name and altering the contents of the ".ini" file to the same name. This means we can load all our projects on the PC CARD in different folders rather than having to swap out the contents of "VA.prj" all the time. Also the names of the folders can be something more meaningful like "JP8000.prj" etc. So now when we want to change project folders we simply edit the "V-Synth Project.ini" using notepad. Please find attached a "V-Synth Project.ini".

If anyone else has any other tips or tricks regarding the VariOS please post here.
Attachments
V-Synth Project.ini
V-Synth Project.ini
(52 Bytes) Downloaded 288 times
vsyn7425

Re: Various VariOS Tips

Post by vsyn7425 »

Did you know that the V-Synth Librarian can be used on a VariOS project folder?

Usually trying to open a VariOS project folder with the V-Synth Librarian will fail with a message "The project could not be loaded". However if you create a new folder named "Wave" alongside the "Patch" folder the Librarian will work with VariOS projects. "Clean Project" can be used to eliminate any gaps in a patch numbering/naming list or other things like new projects can be created using the librarian etc
vsyn7425

Post by vsyn7425 »

Hi all. Some of you may not be aware that patches made on any of the V-Synths even the V-Synth GT that use at least one an analog element can be played in the VariOS-8.

Find attached four projects (.prj) files that contain patches originally for the V-Synth GT which show off the capabilities of the VariOS-8 far extend what the VariOS-8 controller can provide. To load simply swap the contents into the "VA.prj" or use the method in my earlier post to link the folders using a V-Synth Project.ini. Have fun.
Attachments
GTAnalog.zip
(477.42 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
robbie50

Post by robbie50 »

Vsyn7425,

THANKS!!!!!! for the sounds.......

rob
robbie50

Post by robbie50 »

BUT........no wave dir and NO wav files........
Where are they?

Rob
vsyn7425

Post by vsyn7425 »

Hi Rob, the GTAnalog.prj sounds I posted are for the VariOS 8 side of the Varios so they only contain sounds that use analog elements, so there is no Wav folder or Wav files.
robbie50

Post by robbie50 »

Ohhh, so I can't these load in a V synth (GT)!

Sorry!

Rob
vsyn7425

Post by vsyn7425 »

Yes they should load in the V-Synth GT. I can't remember where the sounds came from but they are meant to show what the VariOS-8 side of the VariOS is able to do.
robbie50

Post by robbie50 »

When I will load it in my V synt. GT, I get an ERROR!
There are no WAVE files, that's all...

greeetings,

Rob
vsyn7425

Post by vsyn7425 »

Hi Rob. I've re-made the GTAnalog projects into ones that should play directly in the V-Synth GT. Unfortunately I can't test because I only have a standard V-Synth and VariOS. What you will have to do is create new Patches that contain the contents of each .p00 file. This is due to the differences between the V-Synth and V-Synth GT i.e. the GT is dual timbral so the equivalent of a Patch in the V-Synth is a Tone in the V-Synth GT.
Attachments
GTAnalogGT.zip
(334.4 KiB) Downloaded 618 times
carusofausto

Post by carusofausto »

Thanks a lot it's very usefull ..year 2023 and we are still using and squeezing more juice out of an abandoned roland product.
Few patch you shared are not working , I was chasing the supersaw patch and unfortunately that one is not working! Nevermind, because plenty of them are working and kicking ...bringing new life to this machine!
vsyn7425

Post by vsyn7425 »

Hi. I think a few V-Synth patches may not work in the VariOS-8 because some VA waves don't exist in version 1.0 of the V-Synth therefore won't be playable in the VariOS-8. Using the VariOS-8 controller to change the wave to one that does exist should make a patch play. I think the V-Synth added LA-Saw and LA-Square waves to version 1.51 and then added Super-Saw, F-Back-Osc and X-Mod-Osc waves in version 2.0.