V-Synth sampling acoustic instrument

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
Xtrife

V-Synth sampling acoustic instrument

Post by Xtrife »

Hi all,

Just got myself a V-Synth. Seems great so far but theres one thing its lacking, acoustic instruments. I realize this is obviously not the point of this keyboard but If I could get a few decent patches for it I'd be able to use it solely by itself.

I'm new to sampling and what I'd like to know is if it'd be possible to have, say, a harpsichord sound sampled and useable as a patch on the V-Synth. I have VSTs and other keyboards that produce the desired sound:

- could I just use them as source?
- if so, would I plug the device directly into the vsynth for recording samples
- would it be best to record the samples separately and supply wav files to the vsynth
- how many samples would I need

Also, I'm wondering what the process is like for creating a patch using the samples, will the samples just show up as PCM/waveforms. If they do and I were to record several samples I'd assume this would consist of splitting different zones for different samples?

Thanks
Xtrife

Re: V-Synth sampling acoustic instrument

Post by Xtrife »

Ok here's an update.

It works. I sampled a few harpsichord sounds from the SRX Orchestral VST plugged directly into the Vsynth. Encoded them using the "backing" option and created a patch using the samples assigning different keyboard zones to them. I'm not sure if it was my recording setup but there's a little bit of noise when many keys are pressed together.

It does the job, however, and I am happy. I'll keep trying a few more things. What worries me now is I'm not sure what the limitations are for the amount of samples I can create and load in total