Internal memory - GT model

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
sicijk

Internal memory - GT model

Post by sicijk »

Hello, since yesterday I'm a proud owner of a GT!
It's a fine unit and well kept. Bu I'm encountering this quirk. I loaded projects from Roland (RD ,PH etc.) into the internal memory (drag and drop from computer). But once in Utility > Project > Load Project....then I can see only the Internal.prj not the others. I tried also to reboot the VSynth
What's happening???

Thanks in advance for any help!
ronaldroy

Re: Internal memory - GT model

Post by ronaldroy »

I think something similar happened to me when I got my XT. You have to make sure you're on the right level in the file structure, so find a back or up button, or similar. It caught me out for a while and I can't remember how I solved it exactly, but it was along those lines.
sicijk

Post by sicijk »

Thanks for your reply. But I believe I'm actually at the root level of internal memory. It is visible the internal project but not the others.
I attached a picture to show the page of Load Project by Int memory.
Thanks !
Attachments
IMG20230324054124.jpg
IMG20230324054124.jpg (3.41 MiB) Viewed 1595 times
sicijk

Post by sicijk »

So I wonder.....does GT allow to put other projects in the Internal memory ? Allow = GT able to see other projects.

I wasn't able to catch this info as a sure thing from the manual .

Thanks for your wisdom 💓
sicijk

Post by sicijk »

Doing a solo here.....ahahahaha
What I found is that internal memory doesn't allow for loading other projects. So it is completely pointless to save .prj files in the internal memory
sgasiecki

Post by sgasiecki »

Sorry just saw this post. Ya, the GT and the XT can have only one project loaded at a time. I guess what they mean by project is every sound loaded in the machine under that particular file header.
sicijk

Post by sicijk »

No, I mean the internal memory "cannot see" any other project, other than the one is coming with the firmware. Even if it got memory (space) to accomodate more. I think it is due for having more samples to be saved internally.
Correct me if I'm wrong