GT's Convert Project function

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
sicijk

GT's Convert Project function

Post by sicijk »

Hello, I'm trying to use JayB's Sounds in my GT. This pack is in XT compatibility, so I follow manual's procedure to get the converted GT one. Everything goes fine but when I Load Project it is with all Patch and Tones empty. No name and no sound output.

Any ideas on what I'm missing?

Thanks! d^_^b
sicijk

Re: GT's Convert Project function

Post by sicijk »

This happens whatever the XT project. IT just fails to give back a working GT project. Every project I convert has empty slots (patch and tones) .

Thanks for any insight
d^_^b
gg
vsyn7425

Post by vsyn7425 »

Have you tried manually copying across the files from the XT to the GT. A "Patch" in the XT is the equivalent of a "Tone" in the GT. So create or use an empty XT project then copy the contents of the XT "Patch" folder into the GT's "Tone" folder. Copy any wave files across into the "Wave" folder. I haven't got a GT so don't know if the above will work but it's worth giving it a go!
sicijk

Post by sicijk »

yes, that works just fine. Thanks for your suggestion anyway.
Im just wondering if there's some caveat or issue with my unit.
vsyn7425

Post by vsyn7425 »

The instructions to convert a project on page 219 of the manual appear to be pretty simple to follow but can you detail what you are doing when you copy the V-Synth/XT files to the XT folder as it isn't clear whether you should copy just the files inside the folder or including the folder. I doubt if there is anything wrong with your GT. It would be great if another owner of a GT could confirm the same behaviour as yours.
sicijk

Post by sicijk »

Oh, I understand what you mean.
Later today I'll try putting all the subfolders of a XT project inside the XT folder, omitting the directory folder.