Expression pedal questions

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
granto

Expression pedal questions

Post by granto »

Hi all, a few expression pedal questions!

My pedal (Boss EV-30 dual expression) works to control volume via CC07 on my v-synth 2.0, but the maximum volume is significantly quieter than when I remove the pedal input. Is there something I'm missing? I can only calibrate the minimum on my pedal and I would think max would be sending 127 so I don't know what's going on. I'm not really planning on using it for volume but I'm just trying to get a sense of how it works.

Also, when using an expression pedal on the v-synth, are the cc messages sent through its midi out? For instance lets say I change the pedal to control CC03 in settings-- is this then sent to MIDI out so I could control other things downstream with CC03?
granto

Re: Expression pedal questions

Post by granto »

Alright, to answer my own questions for anyone in the future:

For some reason my pedal doesn't correctly initialize until I actually go to the System>Controller>Pedal screen on V-Synth. Before that, it's buggy and the pedal tx values make no sense. This is true for Rx'd and Tx'd cc messages, so even if you're using this for a controller you have to do this each time. It's possible that there is a startup order of the vsynth and my MIDI controller that would eliminate this, but I haven't seen it yet.

As far as cc tx, yes, V-synth can transmit those, but it obeys Patch Tx Ch (Patch Transmit Channel) in System>Controller>Tx.

Unfortunately there is not an option for omni-transmit. So you have to change the Tx channel each time you switch to controlling a new device that uses a different Rx channel.