v-Synth v2 downgrade to V1?

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
NickUK99

v-Synth v2 downgrade to V1?

Post by NickUK99 »

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can tell me?

I have a Roland V-Synth keyboard that I bought many years ago, shortly after I bought it I upgraded to V2 firmware and immediately regretted it as the presets didn’t sound so good to me.

I’ve just found it in the attic and wondered if there is a way to downgrade it back to V1 ? If so can anyone give me instructions on how to do it? Links to firmware etc?

Mine is the original V-synth keyboard not a later type or rack version

Any help very appreciated

Nick
vsyn7425

Re: v-Synth v2 downgrade to V1?

Post by vsyn7425 »

Hi Nick. I don't think it is possible to downgrade to version 1 of the V-Synth as the OS files are written in the V-Synth hardware at the factory and not available to download. However from trying it myself it is possible to downgrade to OS 1.51 which I think has the same sounds as the original V-Synth but has a few extra features like new analogue waveforms etc.

please look at the post below where it is described how to do the downgrade to version 1.51 and the upgrade back up to version 2.0 if required simply by using a PC card:

https://forums.rolandclan.com/viewtopic ... 17&t=12075

Alternatively if you go to the Roland website and look in the Updates and Drivers page for the V-Synth they have a V-Synth Version 2/Version 1 Patch Build (PC) file to download which may allow you to have version 1 patches but keep the 2.0 OS. I've never used this file but it is probably no different to downgrading the synth to version 1.51.