Working Intel macOS USB MIDI Driver

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
bakerysauce

Working Intel macOS USB MIDI Driver

Post by bakerysauce »

https://github.com/xehtsew/GenericUSBMIDI
Finally.

if youve had a Vsynth G1 for a while and have wanted to use the USB-MIDI since roland stopped supporting it, this is a generic usb-midi driver that should work. no janky workarounds or 'install this and that but it breaks other stuff,' this is targeted for the vsynth itself.

no copyright infringement is intended, just trying to keep one of the best synths ever created alive.

Use at your own risk, im not responsible for anything that happens.
tested and working on Intel macOS Monterey and Sierra, not working on ARM based Macs... I do need it, so I'll make that work eventually.
works with V-Synth G1, not XT or GT.

Go to the above github, hit releases, download the plugin, throw it into your `/Library/Audio/MIDI Devices` folder and restart the machine.
It should show up in your Audio MIDI Devices profile as "Roland V-Synth" and become a selectable MIDI I/O for your DAW.

If you don't trust random stuff you download off of the internet (you shouldnt..), download and read the source, re-compile it with xcode, and throw the plugin in the same folder.
If you use my version, youll probably have to navigate to security and privacy -> general and allow the plugin.

this has worked for me bidirectionally with note on-off, and all MIDI cc's ive tried through Pro Tools, Logic and Mainstage
Anything else, youre on your own.
I'm not tech support and i did this for free because i love the synth, so if it doesnt work for you, i cant help.
All credit goes to the user I forked the repo from!

enjoy
ronaldroy

Re: Working Intel macOS USB MIDI Driver

Post by ronaldroy »

Wow, great work! I don't have a GT but there is one in my future, I'm sure.