New VariOS-8 Custom Patch Bank

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
devonrose

New VariOS-8 Custom Patch Bank

Post by devonrose »

Hey y'all,

I've created a patch bank (96 patches because I left the stock Roland ones alone) for the VariOS-8 using an old Vista laptop. There's a bunch of pads, leads, strings, FX, arpeggios etc. Since I don't have a VC-2 card (wish I did), I even made some poor man's VariOS-8 formant synthesis patches. The vowels are a bit more limited to what you get with the LFO waveshapes.

Patch demo here [no external effects, no mastering, 100% raw VariOS]:
https://soundcloud.com/devonrosemusic/r ... om-patches
  • 2:08 - Vox Humana
  • 9:50 - Formant Demos
  • 14:06 - THX-like strings
There are a few surprising things about its synthesis engine that I've not seen in anything else particularly the modulation behaviours and some of the oscillator interactions. It was also exceptioanlly fun to program and one of the few times I actually enjoyed using ring modulation... but that could be my Roland bias coming through. My favourite thing about VariOS-8 would be how crazy good and ethereal some of those pads are -- and since the reverb is so easily tweakable you can adjust it exactly as it needed.

Should I release this patch bank for free w/ optional donations, or exclusively for sale? There's not exactly many people who have these... :P
robbie50

Re: New VariOS-8 Custom Patch Bank

Post by robbie50 »

Great!!! I like them?
Can I load these in my V synth?? Or only for Varios?

Greetings,

Rob
devonrose

Re: New VariOS-8 Custom Patch Bank

Post by devonrose »

robbie50 wrote: 08:53, 22 August 2023 Can I load these in my V synth?? Or only for Varios?
No idea, I've never owned a V-Synth so I'm not certain how they can cross polinate one another.