Info

Forum for MC-808
vladdymac

Info

Post by vladdymac »

I don't have any roland products in my set up but I'm thinking about getting the mc-808 I did all my reseach on the web already and I didn't get a chance to see the machine in person so the question I have is can you put different effects on each track? What is the limit of effects can you call up for one sound? Thank you in advance
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Info

Post by Artemiy »

You have a compressor, reverb and two MFX that are shared between all 16 parts (each part has it's own sends), plus there is a global mastering compressor (that is 5 effect units). But also, many effects like filtering, EQing, phaser, ring mod, distortion, FXM, etc. is also possible on patch level.
vladdymac

Post by vladdymac »

I didn't understand when you said the effects are shared between all 16 parts are you saying I can't have a different compressor setting for different tracks?
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

In simple words, if 16 people are sharing 5 apples, can each of them have a whole apple?

There are many solutions, and one of them is resampling some beats or parts that are highly-processed, then the effects they use will free up.
bio4ema

Post by bio4ema »

do you mean track as in pattern or track as in one part of a pattern?