MC-808: How to assign samples in a rhythm set?

Forum for MC-808
spiral

MC-808: How to assign samples in a rhythm set?

Post by spiral »

The manual lacks the information that says how you assign samples to the pads once you create a sample. When i made a sample it automagically created a patch that has the audio file play pitched across the buttons.

How do create a rhythm set with samples you have captured yourself? For example: a drum sample set that you have imported or some loops you have sampled off of a record. The SP-303 was simple in this reguard: you hit record and then selected which pad the sample will be assigned to.

The only way i have found to make rhythm sets is through the computer editor, which is a horrible process.

Your help is appreciated. Thanks.
Doug Crazy

Re: MC-808: How to assign samples in a rhythm set?

Post by Doug Crazy »

Spiral.. unfortunatley You're out of luck if you are trying to make a multiple sample patch without using the computer. This was just one of the things that made me return mine. I was a bit evil when I posted about returning it but I say now (with a calm-ness) that the unit is not sample friendly without a PC. Maybe they will make and update, but for now things are not looking good for users wanting to get away from the PC (even for a few minutes) to create sample madness. It does have great sounds tho :)
joenk3333

Re: MC-808: How to assign samples in a rhythm set?

Post by joenk3333 »

i can't even figure out that process! mind explaining it?