does the 808 have same songmode problem as 909 ?

Forum for MC-808
lejoix

does the 808 have same songmode problem as 909 ?

Post by lejoix »

Hi,

Does the 808 have same songmode problem as 909 ? And what other bugs are there (I am not talking about it does not do what some expect it to do)

thx
darknessfalls

what problem?

Post by darknessfalls »

what songmode problem are you referring to?
SPISHAK

FX cut out

Post by SPISHAK »

when patterns change....That really sucked, especially when reverbs, and delays suddenly stopped and started again when the song went to the next pattern. That's my guess as to what lejoix meant. Maybe there was a FX REMAIN setting I never found?? Other than that problem, 909 was alright :)
darknessfalls

ah...

Post by darknessfalls »

...haven't noticed that. annoyingly, long samples seem to cut off when going from one pattern to the next though.

the songmode issue i've been having, which i complained about to roland, is that any programming done in a pattern is not reflected in the song, if the pattern is changed after the song is programmed.

this means:

- if you write a pattern, put it in a song, then decide later you want to change the volume of an instrument, the volume change does NOT appear in the song. (the way around this is apparently to change the volume of the instrument in the song and not the pattern)

- if you write a pattern, put it in a song, then decide later you want to add an instrument, the instrument does NOT appear in the song

when i last spoke to roland they seemed to admit this wasn't exactly part of the intended structure and would be writing up a report on it for japan. i was hoping this would be fixed in a software update. anyone loaded v1.03 yet and can tell me if this fixes the issue?