808 editor-phasing probs- please advise...

Forum for MC-808
rickyrussell

808 editor-phasing probs- please advise...

Post by rickyrussell »

Hi everyone,

This forum continues to be an excellent question-answering resource as I enter month 4 with my MC-808. But can anyone, perhaps Dirk in light of his recent posts because they're in the same ball park as this, advise on this small problem:

My 808 links up fine with my Mac laptop for using the detailed editor software, except whenever I play out any sounds/patterns from my 808 in this instance it produces an unwanted phasing effect. The phasing doesn't occur when I've disconnected the editor, and I've tried various combinations of MIDI 'on-off' settings in the 808 SYSTEM section.

I'm connecting nothing to the MIDI ports so am only using the USB port. Anyone know why I'm having this phasing problem, and how I can fix it?

Many thanks,

Ricky
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: 808 editor-phasing probs- please advise...

Post by Artemiy »

It sounds like the 808 gets "double-triggered", e.g. you have a MIDI echo effect. I am not sure how to eliminate it - but there are folks that experienced it here and they will surely help you out.
dr_boehm

Re: 808 editor-phasing probs- please advise...

Post by dr_boehm »

Hi,

how are your midi settings in the editor software?

Just start by selecting for midi in and out "mc-808" and nothing for midi through (second option dialog line).

Ciao, Dirk.
rickyrussell

It's sorted!

Post by rickyrussell »

Many thanks for the help,

Dirk – you were right; I’d been looking only at the MIDI settings within the 808’s system and overlooked the software setup. I made the changes in the Setup menu for the software and the phasing problem has vanished.

In the sotware editor I kept the input and output for the 808 itself set to ‘MC-808’, but changed the input and output settings for ‘Through’ to none.

Cheers,

Ricky