Major bug with sample editing?

Forum for MC-808
dr_boehm

Major bug with sample editing?

Post by dr_boehm »

Hi Folks,

after testing the sample edit functions in the sample editor i must state that there are some serious bugs:

1) I sampled a waveform from another synthesizer. I tried to find some good loop point by setting loop start and end many times.
2) After a while the right channel of my sample was shifted to the right. There were some zero level samples inserted into the beginning of one channel resulting in an audible delay of one channel. VERY FRUSTRATÌNG. I had that before but thought it was my fault. But now its shure: This sometimes happens.
3) After some more editing some noise was inserted on one channel in the middle of the sample. VERY FRUSTRATING.
4) There is definitly a function missing for finding zero crossings or even better for making loops.

ROLAND PLEASE FIX THIS. My Version is 1.02. Can an upgrade to 1.03 help here?

Ciao, Dirk.
hoodedclaw

Re: Major bug with sample editing?

Post by hoodedclaw »

My 808 is upgraded to V1.03 and i have no reported problems using the sampler. V1.03 will give you the Autochop feature as well.

It's available from the Roland.com website to download.
dr_boehm

Re: Major bug with sample editing?

Post by dr_boehm »

Hi hoodeclaw,

thanks for your reply. Meanwhile i contacted the roland support germany and that guys tried to help me. Well, i tool out my dimm 512mb and since that moment i got no more problems.

I will now exchange the dimm (send it back to the seller to get a new one) and hope that this will fix this issue.

Ciao, Dirk.