MC-808 Questions and Answers

Forum for MC-808
Matthew DeMeritt

Re: MC-808 Questions and Answers

Post by Matthew DeMeritt »

Thanks so much

okay, so I guess I can't use any of that 120MB for samples. I just hope that I can build a rhythm set with samples from the card, like I can with samples from the user memory.

Take care,
Maat
dr_boehm

Post by dr_boehm »

Hi Maat,

you can use all 128mb for sampled but you need to understand the meaning of dimm, user sample area and compact flash card:

1. When you play samples the sample data must reside in the dimm memory.
2. When you sample, the sample data will be allocated in the dimm memory.
3. Since dimm memory is lost when you switch off your device, you need to store new samples either to the user sample area (16mb) or to a compact flash card (up to 1024mb).
4. When you switch on your mc-808, it automatically loads all the sample data from user sample area and compact flash card into the dimm memory from where it can be used to play.

so get yourself a compact flash card of 512mb or 1024mb (1gb) and then you can use all your sample dimm.

Much success,

Dirk.
Griff

MC-808

Post by Griff »

Hello,
Just wondering if you ever sorted this problem out. I've just bought an 808 and I can't link up to my Mac Pro either. It's really frustrating.
Any advice you can give will be much appreciated.
reasoner

Post by reasoner »

hi

im at the begining with mc 808
i 've made a pattern and i tried to copy it and the copied pattern didnt have the bassline and the mfx effects like the original.when i copied i used the seting all events
dr_boehm

Post by dr_boehm »

Hi reasoner,

just [WRITE] the pattern to the new location.

Ciao, Dirk.
reasoner

Post by reasoner »

10quuuu! :))
Hypno

Two MC-808's and an MC-909

Post by Hypno »

This is what I want and from my understanding of basicly every sequencer from here till the end of time they all should do this simple stuff.

I want simply for the all three MC's to sync without them sending every damn note to every damn machine. The MC-505's could do it and came with an easy way to set them up. But the MC-808 doesnt do anything worth a crap and none of the so called midi filters dont filter anything.

So it can be MC 808 #1 Master MC-909 SLave and MC-808 #2 Slave. or MC-909 Master and MC-808 #1 slave and MC-808 #2 Slave. I dont really give a crap which order its in as long as the damn sync out syncs all three machines without all of the notes from the master effecting both of the slaves and in most cases the first slave sending notes to the second.

Ive been doing this for ten years and these MC-808s are the biggest bunch of ass ive ever encounterd.

I want sixteen midi channels on all three MC's without a bunch of notes and information I dont need. Pretty simple. Again the MC-505 had a frickin diagram on how to do this.
reasoner

Post by reasoner »

seems like everytime i find a problem and no solution..:)
anyone know how to edit measures? what i mean is if i have 3 measures on a pattern and a want to have only 2
dr_boehm

Post by dr_boehm »

Hi,

try to delete 3rd one :-)

Ciao, Dirk.
reasoner

Post by reasoner »

hi ,im having problem with the editor.

i have instaled and conected the mc to computer.
when i try to acces samples from my pc it says" unable to read data".
ive made the settings : Soft Thru setting is "OFF" and Remote Kbd Sw setting is "OFF
The reverb , keyshift , panning ,and the volume fader are working but i cant edit efect parameters or compressor parameters
dr_boehm

Post by dr_boehm »

Hi reasoner,

you can only access the samples with your computer when the mc-808 usb mode is set to storage and activated. When you switch to usb midi mode (what you need to do to use the editor software) than no access of the samples from the computers explorer (file system) is possible.

Hope that helps.

Ciao, Dirk.
kaimetsu

Post by kaimetsu »

Quote Hypno:
I want sixteen midi channels on all three MC's without a bunch of notes and information I dont need. Pretty simple. Again the MC-505 had a frickin diagram on how to do this.

Have you tried setting the part params for each of the 16 channels to int? That way it shouldn't send the midi info out, but just to the internal sound generator...
reasoner

Post by reasoner »

Hi, i dont know how to set the Mc tu use it as a keyboard for another synthesizer.
reasoner

Post by reasoner »

it works now!
Hypno

Post by Hypno »

You cant do that with the MC-808 but you can with an MC-909. I fixed the issue with a Midi Patch bay. Pretty bad when roland makes products that should work in unison but require a Midi patch bay.

Want the stupid release and FX issues to go away, turn all your patterns in one song into one big long pattern. I use one pattern to mix in, The actual track pattern and then one pattern to mix out. It only glitches twice and can normally be ignored via extra external effects. I just bust out with an ef-303 and my kaoss pad when it had those uncomfortable drops in sound.

I would like to say thanks to the Japanese tech who said that the glitching is a "feature" of the 909 and 808. So I got to use that one on some of my customers at Game Stop a few times.... No, your Xbox 360 isnt broken. The red lights of doom are a feature of the Xbox 360. I guess gang rape is a feature of prision and death is a feature of a heroin over dose. I mean who knew? I wasnt surrounded by mistakes or failures but features disgused as mistakes and failures.
This information alone was worth the price of the groove box. It comes in handy all the time.