SVD file analyzed?

Forum for MC-808
dr_boehm

SVD file analyzed?

Post by dr_boehm »

Hi people,

has anyone already analyzed the format of the grvb.svd file? Any input appreciated.

Bye, Dirk.
dv1394

Re: SVD file analyzed?

Post by dv1394 »

what is the purpose of doing that?

perhaps there could be other ways to get to the same point.

considering the amount of parameters per patch, trying to catch what does yet another pair of bytes do is a very time-consuming process 8)
dr_boehm

Post by dr_boehm »

Hi dv,

what i had in mind was to write some programs for easy import of multiple wave files and for easy generation of drum sets.

Also i was thinking about a transport of patches including user samples.

Bye, Dirk.
dv1394

Post by dv1394 »

then the question is about addressing the corresponding edit buffer (1 out of 16) as well as setting the part being addressed to the "rhythm" mode.

have a look at
http://www.groovemanager.com/

the guy named Manuel wrote the editor/drum set exporter for 909, which is very similar in MIDI implementation to 808.

the software is in java, and Manuel gave out the source to me, after i asked him to modify the sysex strings to match 808. i'm not a programmer, but can read and modify sources to some extent.

so, his idea was to collect the samples on PC, copy them to the 909 while the machine is in the storage mode, then switch back to normal mode manually and send the sysex dump manually to the arbitrary part.

the dump will contain sample numbers taken from the copying step.

the file structure of the sample folder is transparent, so you can automatically generate sample location numbers to be inserted into the sysex dump. sample locations are addressed just the same way as internal waves, only the numbers differ.

oh,. and you must manually LOAD the samples one-by-one after you had copied them, and sent a sysex bulk message.