MIDI keyboard issue

Forum for MC-808
TimboSlice

MIDI keyboard issue

Post by TimboSlice »

I have a crappy MAudio MIDI keyboard that i got for free. I have it hooked up to the 808, and whenever I play on the keyboard the volume level on whatever part I'm on is cut in half. Is there a way I can prevent this from happening?
dr_boehm

Re: MIDI keyboard issue

Post by dr_boehm »

Hi,

try setting the key velocity curve of the keyboard to an appropriate value.

Bye, Dirk.
TimboSlice

Post by TimboSlice »

thanks, i figured it was something like that. i have an maudio 49e. no manual, i looked it up last night, and changing the settings is complicated on it. ill mess around with it when i get home and see what i can do.
BlueRunner

Post by BlueRunner »

I got the same problem do you find a way to resolve it? thanks
TimboSlice

Post by TimboSlice »

figure id update on this. Well, it turns out that my crappy maudio keyboard doesnt have adjustable velocity. This may your problem as well BlueRunner. so the problem is solved, i have to drop some more cash into a nicer keyboard. any recommendations on something fairly cheap with adjustable velocity?
futuresynth

Post by futuresynth »

hey people, im having a bit of a problem i have not been able to resolve myself so far. I hook up my mc 808 to an m audio axiom 61 and i am able to only play the first part in the midi keayboard. Anybody know what i need to adjust?i change parts in the mc and nothing, i change the midi chanel and nothing, i adjust the usb mode to storage and then i can play only the first sound part of a pattern. Someone?