Pattern "loop mode off"

Forum for MC-808
AndrejZ

Pattern "loop mode off"

Post by AndrejZ »

Hi,

Would some body kindly tell me if there is a possibility (in MC-808) to choose whether the pattern plays itself through only once and stops after that instead of looping over and over again. This is very nice and handy function in Hand Sonic HPD-15 (Setting up pattern: SET UP / PLAY TYPE (choosing a Playing Method): loop; one shot; tap; tapvelo)
doombilly

Re: Pattern "loop mode off"

Post by doombilly »

I swear I have been able to do this on it before. But I cannot find it in the FAQ or the manual. I want to turn OFF the setting that automatically repeats a pattern.
dr_boehm

Post by dr_boehm »

Hi,

what you can do is to put the pattern into a song and set the song mode to "no loop".

Another idea is to make that pattern longer so that you have enough time to stop it manually.

Bye, Dirk.
doombilly

Post by doombilly »

Hmmm, well my thought was saving some of the 50 song banks. I don't really want to have to fill one with some of the cover song backing tracks. This is not preferable when you are working on 2-3 hour performances. Especially when the songs aren't but about 4 minutes long. Plus I have a number of works-in-progress I don't want to delete to make room for songs I have to play now.