Axiom Enigma

Forum for MC-808
Chris McC

Axiom Enigma

Post by Chris McC »

Has anyone gone to the trouble of mapping Axiom or any m-audio controllers to the 808? I'm still scanning the forums and FAQ so thought I'd ask.

Chris
Chris McC

Re: Axiom Enigma

Post by Chris McC »

Does anyone have a midi chart with the 808 controllers listed?
The axiom I'm using does control the 808 but the controls are randomly mapped it seems. I don't mind creating a new mapping, but I don't know the 808 cc's for Enigma.
Sprockett

Post by Sprockett »

http://www.roland.com/products/en/_support/om.cfm?PRODU...

Here's the stuff you're looking for. The Sound and Parameters PDF contains a MIDI implementation chart.
Chris McC

Post by Chris McC »

Thank you :)
Chris McC

Post by Chris McC »

For anyone else with an m-audio Axiom (or other external controller), the 808 is 'mostly' mapped fairly sensibly to the default program 01 on the keyboard.
So the array of controllers all control some aspect of the 808 and seem fairly logically grouped.

Changing any axiom controller to control a different parameter is very simple to do. Page 10 of the axiom manual tells you how to do this.
I don't have a list of which 808 CC's control which function (and have yet to find one) but a bit of trial and error gets you so far.

The midi implementation chart at the back of the patch manual just gives the standard blurb on what the 808 implements, there's no real CC info on it beyond the basic midi spec.
futuresynth

Post by futuresynth »

Hey chris, maybe you can help me out. Im using my mc 808 with the m audio axiom 61. i can only play the first part in a pattern of the mc on the axiom. What do i need to adjuts? Can you help me out?