mc808 is slow starting and playback is erratic

Forum for MC-808
ted808

mc808 is slow starting and playback is erratic

Post by ted808 »

so my 808 takes about a minute to light up then all the sliders move very slowly and noisily to there preset position and playback is erratic and starts abd stops all comands are very delayed,any one experinced this,do i need to send it back?
dr_boehm

Re: mc808 is slow starting and playback is erratic

Post by dr_boehm »

Hi Ted,

this may be an synchronisation issue. Please first remove all midi and usb cables and try again.

If this does not help try removing the optional CF card and DIM memory (only if installed of cause).

Some delay in the boot process is normal when the mc-808 loads the samples into main memory. In this process the 16 buttons show up as an progress display (lighting up from left to right).

Also the faders need about 1/4 sec to rush to new positions, thats normal.

If none of this applies, i would send it back.

Hope that helps,

Dirk.
ted808

Post by ted808 »

thanks dirk i will try what you have suggested ,i should have said the 808 is now 2 yrs old and i have never seen it behave like this.thanks again.
ted808

Post by ted808 »

thanks alot ,that worked!
B0Z0

Post by B0Z0 »

hi,
my 808 is about 2 years old as well.
and every so often it just completely slows down. Sounds slurr and if i push any buttons it takes a while for it to react..
its not any particular patterns it does it on nor are there any long samples involved.
i use mine 808 alot with live bands and can't have this happen on stage.
is it something to do with the memory?
i've removed them and put them back..the card and the Dim memory..but it still does it and is starting to happen more regular..
is my machine broke or breaking?
please help???
KRE8A

Post by KRE8A »

Hi BOZO,,

It does seem like the instrument is starting to impair internally. There could be many of reasons but yes, try removing the card and then switch the machine off and then turn it back on, so it resets. Give it a go without the card. For some reason these machines tend to load up slowly when memory starts to fill up and also start to play up.

Alternatively, is the machine clean inside. Dust can cause malfunction. A gentle brush and vacuum might help, with of course the power plug disconnected from the wall. You dont want to get a big electric BUZZ.

Otherwise, Most suitable option would be to take it to a synth repair / serviceman and have it looked at, so malfunction won't occur anymore.

Regards