64-bit driver/working Windows 7 64-bit driver

Forum for MC-808
CalebC

64-bit driver/working Windows 7 64-bit driver

Post by CalebC »

I just switched to Windows 7 64-bit, has anyone found a solution for installing the driver on this OS? None of the drivers from the Roland website work, neither does the windows 7 ones on this forums, that is unless it requires some other install process other than running the setup (I've tried windows 7 compatibility troubleshooting, no luck)

Thanks

Caleb
Sprockett

Re: 64-bit driver/working Windows 7 64-bit driver

Post by Sprockett »

At this point I don't think there is an answer. As far as I know there never was a 64 bit driver for any edition of Windows, so without that there is little chance of them working in any compatibility mode. What I've done is moved my MC-808 onto a secondary PC that's running XP x86, but while it's worked for me not everyone has that option.

Good news is Roland has released Win 7 x64 drivers for a lot of equipment recently so there's some hope. Bad news is it is a discontinued product, and history shows a nasty habit of abandoning users of discontinued products. But if we keep bugging Roland then who knows? At least you can take some comfort in the fact that you are not alone with this problem.
CalebC

Post by CalebC »

Noo!!

Haha, well maybe I'll have to grab my old tower then. I REALLY appreciate the insight though, I noticed all the 64-bit drivers for other hardware (as you mentioned) so I was optimistic. I'll go ahead and shoot them an email, but you're probably right about being abandoned too.

Is there anyway around it, I assume not since my system is 64-bit regardless -- would running a virtual machine with XP make ANY difference?

Thank you so much,

Caleb
Sprockett

Post by Sprockett »

I know how you feel. I was lucky I had a second machine set up already as an outboard VST instrument server, so throwing the editor software on it wasn't a big deal, but it still would be nice to have it locked directly to my DAW. But I haven't lost all hope: I sent a couple of e-mails to Roland so far.

My experience with virtual machines is almost nonexistent and I've never been satisfied with the results when I have tried, so I can't help you there. I guess it could be worth a shot. If you decide to test it post the results here, I'd love to hear if it works.
Sprockett

Post by Sprockett »

EDIT: sorry - double post...new mouse. HEH!
MRT

Post by MRT »

I know that other roland/boss gear pre windows 7 has drivers , my gt10 has a windows 7 driver ....it would be a shame if roland let us down and didnt release a mc 808 usb driver for windows 7 64bit
disconect

Post by disconect »

argh ... I just buy a netbook to gig and rehearsal monitoring of the MC808...under Windows 7...and on a 64bit platform :-( ! ...

Please ROLAND, do something !...